Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the result of losing oil pressure and not noticing it. Normally i would have NOTICE it and shut it down. my boat had been in the shop for 10 weeks being painted and getting new interior. So i was a little excited and look what happen. It came apart at about 3800 rpm. Never did think it was his bad. I have to replace crank, rod, pistons, block and i just built this motor 3yrs ago with the help of chris straub. Damn i feel like throwing up!

·
Some guy
3,669 Posts
But in that picture it looks like the bolts are broken in the connecting rod!?
Sure, but look at the blackened #1 main cap, and first two rods are black, and difficult to tell in the photo, but 1st rod pin on the crank is destroyed as well, not to mention damage caused by pieces of rod bouncing around the bottom. Might be able to salvage the block, have had a couple of those Gen 6 type blocks that looked bad but cleaned up with a bore,, and just smoothed some jagged edges on them.

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
Yeah, Lots of damaged rods and journals there. Just trying to figure what happened.
It blew up.

:D Good to see you this weekend Mike...you did a good job over there @ the 000.

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
Sure, but look at the blackened #1 main cap, and first two rods are black, and difficult to tell in the photo, but 1st rod pin on the crank is destroyed as well, not to mention damage caused by pieces of rod bouncing around the bottom. Might be able to salvage the block, have had a couple of those Gen 6 type blocks that looked bad but cleaned up with a bore,, and just smoothed some jagged edges on them.
Furthest distance form the oil pump...long way from the heart...that sucks, piehole. Sorry to see that.

·
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, Lots of damaged rods and journals there. Just trying to figure what happened.
Well my boat was severly vandalized back in June. Im talking seats ,gel coat slashed, stereo stolen and guages broken. I thought it was just cosmetic damage. so 2 months later i pick up the boat from shop take it to get the stereo installed. the next day im off to the lake. little did i know that my oil line had been removed ...WTF!

·
just a ski boat with bark
2,811 Posts
Well my boat was severly vandalized back in June. Im talking seats ,gel coat slashed, stereo stolen and guages broken. I thought it was just cosmetic damage. so 2 months later i pick up the boat from shop take it to get the stereo installed. the next day im off to the lake. little did i know that my oil line had been removed ...WTF!

That sucks, best of luck getting it back together.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Any insurance?? Sorry for the loss. That sucks.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Maybe the boat shop needs to step up here...Unless you said something like,"fix all the damage, but don't worry about the engine"...

Sorry to see this.

·
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Maybe the boat shop needs to step up here...Unless you said something like,"fix all the damage, but don't worry about the engine"...

Sorry to see this.
We just thought it was cosmetic damage .I never imagined anyone going that far. all is well things are moving forward

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
can any buddy tell me what kind of jet boat i have??????????? its a1972 hull
There is a HIN on the RH rear of the hull, well, '72, there OUGHT to be.

USCG website can look those up and tell you who made it and when (ie, how to read it).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts