Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno, say I'm 9 to 1 alum heads. 10 LBS? I know there are tons of variables, I'm just wondering what would be the limit of boost for something like I've got? Pump gas wise, For me that's 91 octaine. I'm kinda thinkin I only need 1 turbo, like 10 lbs. of boost?? I'm one lost mofo,.. seriously.

·
Some guy
3,610 Posts
I am going to suggest less boost may give you a better chance of not burning holes in the pistons with pump gas, but I don't know what type of turbo system you are going to come up with. Better plan on at least using an A/F meter to set it up if you can't afford dyno time.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I was thinkin 10-15 lbs ish. There have been a couple of pretty good deals on some log/banks style deals latley in the spam section, just curious if that might work for me.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Thanks guys. I was thinkin 10-15 lbs ish. There have been a couple of pretty good deals on some log/banks style deals latley in the spam section, just curious if that might work for me.
If you're serious, I have a complete Race Arrow setup with wastegates that will get you to 15+ easily.

·
Registered
54 Posts
9:1 compression,10lbs of boost, 91 octane will put holes in the pistons and ruin alot of parts. Go for it if you use good fuel, 100 octane or better.

You could pull it off if you take some compression out of it, say 8:1

I would use the RACEARROW set up over the Banks system. Just my opinon.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now I'm broke, but I wouldn't mind seeing a pic or 2. I'm just thinking out loud, thought I'd start to keep an eye open for a deal.

·
Registered
285 Posts
9:1 compression,10lbs of boost, 91 octane will put holes in the pistons and ruin alot of parts. Go for it if you use good fuel, 100 octane or better.

Good Luck!
so what if a guy wanted to run 91 with stock compression and a banks twin turbo? is 5-6 lbs the limit? just wondering i just got a banks kit :D

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts

Good Luck!
I have no idea on the arrow or banks stuff but we run 12-15 on pump all the time on blowthrough. 1000hp and change.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've always been told alum. heads is like dropping a point in cr. Also does anybody have any idea how altitude will come into play I'm at 4500 ft, I've also been told that's like droping another point.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
You should be able to run a couple of pounds of boost more due to the elevation.

Hey-- Marvelous Marv! Thought that was you. Then I noticed your location. Good to see you here. Neil

He knows his chit guys. I've known him for 25 years. Lots of time w/ Holley, and The Blower Shop and life long friends w/ Carson Brummet. Now doin' his own thing.
He's shy, I'm not. Here's his site. http://www.boostdaddy.com/

·
Registered
89 Posts
Shy?

Hey-- Marvelous Marv! Thought that was you. Then I noticed your location. Good to see you here. Neil

He knows his chit guys. I've known him for 25 years. Lots of time w/ Holley, and The Blower Shop and life long friends w/ Carson Brummet. Now doin' his own thing.
Oh yes, Marv has always been known as a very shy guy. He has been this way since he was very young. If you guys need some good info, just ask him and maybe we'll be able to pull him out of his shell.

Good to see ya here marv.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Thanks! The check is in the mail :)hand

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh yes, Marv has always been known as a very shy guy. He has been this way since he was very young. If you guys need some good info, just ask him and maybe we'll be able to pull him out of his shell.

Good to see ya here marv.
You know you are getting old when it takes less beer to get you out of your shell! :)

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just out of curiousity, what kink of boost could I get away with, with some 110? Because I'm thinking there is no use getting a bigger turbo than can feed that, right? Fwiw I'm thinkin 8 ish on 89 octaine and ??? on 110? Just for argument sake let's pretend I have a decent intercooler.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts