Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any mild bottom mods that can be done to a TX 19 that will help gain performance? Launch,top speed,loading,ETC.!

Other than removing hook!

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
You get that POS over 100 1st and then worry about that Dropped Keel hil:)

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Straight straight straight on the bottom is the best you can do.

We are doing a bigger keel on an 18' gullwing here shortly, no doubt it will help when done right.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You get that POS over 100 1st and then worry about that Dropped Keel hil:)
I know where mine is, where is yours!;) I don't tell everything all at once!:D LMAO!

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
I know where mine is, where is yours!;) I don't tell everything all at once!:D LMAO!

OL Sandbagger, I see how you are :p Cant say much, I guess I done the same thing hil:)

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could get rid of that hulk and buy a california performance,Am sure that will do it.
Not knocking CPs but the ones I have seen around here have more stress cracks than my old hulk and it's a 1978 model! If I had the extra cash I would get a Rousch or an Scott Seastrum 18'! It is just me!

CP's are good boats don't get me wrong!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Not knocking CPs but the ones I have seen around here have more stress cracks than my old hulk and it's a 1978 model! If I had the extra cash I would get a Rousch or an Scott Seastrum 18'! It is just me!

CP's are good boats don't get me wrong!

who would want a SS 18 :D

you dont have to have a CP to have a good running boat.

shame on you Turtle:slap:

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Any pictures from the transom looking fwd of the Keel? What kind of speeds do you hope to see of this 19' Gullwing?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a couple of crappy cell phone pics. I'll get some better pics. boat is for my daughter so i'm hoping to keep it around 80 remember i'm at 5000ft.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Speed, This is the info I am talking about! Keep me posted! Thanks!

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
keel is 5/8 but really looks alot bigger than it is. Hope to have it the water by sept. will keep posting. probably will start another thread.
I figured the pic made it appear to be much larger than it really is.

How much did you add to the existing bottom?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I figured the pic made it appear to be much larger than it really is.

How much did you add to the existing bottom?
Originally i hung the pump way back and added 3/4 keel just to see what would happen. then i sold boat after 3 owners its back. when the daughter showed intererst in it i moved the intake back in 4in. and cut the keel down. when we cut the hole you could see the original glass line was 5/8 below the new glass. This is an earl smith boat with 1+4 stringers and weighs around 500lbs.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Originally i hung the pump way back and added 3/4 keel just to see what would happen. then i sold boat after 3 owners its back. when the daughter showed intererst in it i moved the intake back in 4in. and cut the keel down. when we cut the hole you could see the original glass line was 5/8 below the new glass. This is an earl smith boat with 1+4 stringers and weighs around 500lbs.
Adding 3/4 is a quite a change, hats off to you for trying that!

Steve, they are probably around .500-.600 of keel, never checked one but Ive seen intake pressures and speed traces on alot of 18's and similar v-bottoms. Id add 3/16" to 1/4" to one in a dropped keel style like you just did on your PC and with a similar entry like JB does and Im thinking that would be a great thing. The MPH would likely go up which may not be the safest thing, would need to go about it in a safe manner like any bottom changes. I think youd agree the bottom change on the PC's was just awesome!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts