Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I bought a used 12jg, it has been painted whit in side of the intake and bowl, has an aluminum impeller, droop, and some sort of internal adjuster in the nozzle, that has an external cable, and a handle like a place diverter, but it doesnt move much. The bowl had grease in it for the tail end of the shaft, and a different kind of bearing than my other 12jg, longer with slots in it. The shaft looks to be narrowed. Any body ever see this on a 12jg? The dude said it came off a tunnel hull. Will the numbers on the pump tell me what I have, if so, who could break them down??:)hand

·
High Performance Marine
98 Posts
Sounds like a company that made the Robo nozzle. Common in the 80s. It had an adjustable nozzle sleeve. to change nozzle size "Dia" on the fly!

·
Registered
546 Posts
apperars that the shaft has been turned down probably resized for undersized bushings, the nozzle, cant recall who made them,have seen very few thru the years, but we referred to it as a poor mans jetovator, did give some limited up-down travel.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am not going to use it, but I have never seen one like this before. I will be using my hydrolic place diverter on the back side of that droop. Guess It will be put on the shelf in the garage with that handle.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
apperars that the shaft has been turned down probably resized for undersized bushings, the nozzle, cant recall who made them,have seen very few thru the years, but we referred to it as a poor mans jetovator, did give some limited up-down travel.
Thanks for the info. The output side of the shaft is definately a bit smaller then standard shafts. I need to measure the impeller, but I was told its an A-2. Not sure thats the right direction for my lil 18 ' Bahner. The bowl bearing has been changed, and has a lil machined groove in it, and is packed with grease, although there is no zirt fitting on it any where. I will be putting on top side. Not sure if thats the correct way, but I think it should work. What seal is used for a turned shaft on the inside of the bowl?

·
Registered
546 Posts
shaft info

you will have to accurately measure the shaft to find an undersize seal for it. sure that some one out there has one made that will fit, try a good auto parts that will work with you on the measurements or seek out an industrial supply in your area. several on here including my self mfg flow cones to screw into the bowl that have or will use a grease fitting. many have used one of the oil fill oils on the bowl and installed one fitting there. tip use caution when filling the bowl cavity with grease as it is very easy "most likely" that you will blow the seal out from the pressure of the grease if you do not machine the inside of the bowl for a retaining ring for the seal. when pumping the grease in leave the other oil plug out to help limit the pressure on the seal. the later model dominators, a.t. and aggressor bowls used a seal "pack" that had all of the above. hopes this helps

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It does. I have the seal thats in it now, so it shouldn't be too hard to get. I would put the newer style grease fitting cone, but I can't reach it with the droop. I could just keep the plugs, and grease it from there, should work with one zirt fitting, one plug. Thanks for the info, I would of blew out the seal!!!:)devil

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
That is an old style Dominator Diverter. Most of those had a .060" larger diameter than the other nozzles. Make sure that your Place Diverter fits the housing correctly.
Duane HTP

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is an old style Dominator Diverter. Most of those had a .060" larger diameter than the other nozzles. Make sure that your Place Diverter fits the housing correctly.
Duane HTP
Cool, that is a good thing to know. I have the droop it was connected to. It looks like a berkeley droop, but there is no name on it. I was wondering why the pins were different from a Berkeley. The end of the droop looks like it should work. I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts