Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1978 Taylor SS with a 440 Magnum Berkley 12JG A

Previous owner new nothing......he took it out and it was to fast for him. How does it look...anything I should be concerned with? See anything out of place. Thanks in advance.
$4000

Attachments

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Seems to me that Taylor has a good name, I like that it has a mopar something different.I wonder if there should be some cover over those u joints(I forget what they are called right now).

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Run the piss out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
could we see the whole boat........front side back.....440 huh" nice seen them n v drives but never in a jet.....should b tourquy lil sucker

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
wow ive never seen one.....bubbledeck and spoiler splash guard way cool.........sporty looking sucker.......i like it.......dig the lines.....:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
cool little boat. looks like it could be cleaned up and look good.

engine area definitely needs some tidying up. why is that fuel line dangling down on the floor through that crappy fuel filter? filters like that are prone to breaking in boats, causing bad things to happen. there are several options for fuel/water separators, and they should be mounted between tank(s) and fuel pump. if tank vents are exposed to water, they'll suck water into the fuel, which makes a separator invaluable. don't need a filter between fuel pump and carb.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool little boat. looks like it could be cleaned up and look good.

engine area definitely needs some tidying up. why is that fuel line dangling down on the floor through that crappy fuel filter? filters like that are prone to breaking in boats, causing bad things to happen. there are several options for fuel/water separators, and they should be mounted between tank(s) and fuel pump. if tank vents are exposed to water, they'll suck water into the fuel, which makes a separator invaluable. don't need a filter between fuel pump and carb.
Good eyes on fuel line! Tanks need to be cleaned out so we ran it on a remote small gas can. There is a tank on each side of boat and both of them have a solid metal fuel filter in line. Most parts on this boat are auto....carb, fuel pump, alternator. Ugh....

·
Registered
979 Posts
Dude, That's a sharp ass looking boat.....Different for sure.....seem you got a sharp rig at a good price..:))THumbsUp :yes: :thumb:......Enjoy it!!

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
cut and buff it out....tidy up some lines and hoses..then drive it like u stole it.....:yes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts