Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought these would be cool to have while grabbing a nice cove with the boat up lake Mohave away from people (yes, it is possible). Some camping, BBQ, partying, fun and so forth with these along to break up the day. I got too good a deal and couldn't pass them up. The damn things are almost in new condition as they were hardly ever used and don't even have any water spots on them :) Ya....I will be avoiding the jet ski intakes on all the cats out there....lol

Two (2) 2005 matching Sea Doos with dual trailer with storage container. Blue & white. GTX 4-TEC & GTX 4-TEC supercharged. Original owner. Excellent condition. Life jackets, covers and other accessories included. Very low usage. Garaged when not in use.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am sure a few deals are around on these things. Congrats on the purchase. As much as I hate the lake lice, my parents own one and I would too. The difference is I don't act like an idiot on them and I am sure most on here don't either. Having said that, they are a lot of fun when you are otherwise parked for a few hours with the boat.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Pontoon boat, now Sea Doos?? What's next, a minivan?? ;);)

J/K - I think now is a good time to get deals on things like Sea Doos - They probably won't change in value much over the next couple of years and it wouldn't be too bad to be anchored in a cove for the day with a couple of these to play with.:))THumbsUp

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Pontoon boat, now Sea Doos?? What's next, a minivan?? ;);)

J/K - I think now is a good time to get deals on things like Sea Doos - They probably won't change in value much over the next couple of years and it wouldn't be too bad to be anchored in a cove for the day with a couple of these to play with.:))THumbsUp
I would do the hari-kari thing if I were to get into a mini-van.....lol

I do miss the SW a lot though :( The best of both worlds is to have the Tri-toon as well as the SW but........

I am sure a few deals are around on these things. Congrats on the purchase. As much as I hate the lake lice, my parents own one and I would too. The difference is I don't act like an idiot on them and I am sure most on here don't either. Having said that, they are a lot of fun when you are otherwise parked for a few hours with the boat.
Just to break up the day a bit is the intention. Watching all those jet skis this weekend reminded me that they are dangerous for a lot of people. I couldn't believe that we had the entire lake and some idiot decides to drive right by our boat as we were free floating. It happened time after time and I just don't get them boneheads at all.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice.

Tow em behind the toon?
If there are only a few peeps on board but if more than they can ride them out. The superchared one is capable of about 70MPH so I won't just let anybody get behind one. They do have those restrictor keys that only allow it to go about 35MPH.

I won't just be turning anybody loose on them as you know they can be pretty dangerous if not respected.

·
Full Of It.
787 Posts
You need to rig up some bunks to store those things on the back of the toon. They'd be like giant multi-purpose trim tabs. :D

·
@ The Islander
4,182 Posts
I have a couple of old beaters that are fun. Sometimes on a quick weekend I don't feel like launching the boat, because of the hassle of the clean up etc, the PWC's still make for a good time. I just wear a mask with Jordy's face on it when I ride so I don't get any enemies.

·
Full Of It.
787 Posts
I have a couple of old beaters that are fun. Sometimes on a quick weekend I don't feel like launching the boat, because of the hassle of the clean up etc, the PWC's still make for a good time. I just wear a mask with Jordy's face on it when I ride so I don't get any enemies.

Ya gonna put a little basket on the handle bars for your doggy to ride in? :D

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You need to rig up some bunks to store those things on the back of the toon. They'd be like giant multi-purpose trim tabs. :D
I won't be doing that but...I think I have room to squeeze one in my slip at the front of the toon. It would be nice to have them in there overnight for an as needed deal. I don't want to have to launch/retrieve anything any more than I have to at KL.

Thats how I also plan on using them. Somehow I need to get my dog comfortable riding on it so I can take her out also :) I think I want to teach her to sit on the back though....lol

I always wondered how people got them to remote spots. My buddies dad used to tow them, but you couldn't really go fast.
You could tow both on one line or two lines. Probably less chance of them hitting each other on one line of course. Speed is not an issue on the toon :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Baller! ;)

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
If there are only a few peeps on board but if more than they can ride them out. The superchared one is capable of about 70MPH so I won't just let anybody get behind one. They do have those restrictor keys that only allow it to go about 35MPH.

I won't just be turning anybody loose on them as you know they can be pretty dangerous if not respected.
When I had 2 skis and a boat. My freinds loved driving them down to Moabi or wherever but when it came to drive them back everybody wanted to be in the boat. :|err :mad:

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Nice, too bad they aren't Yami's

1 - 20 of 56 Posts