Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
OBC Gestapo
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from Mexico and filled up my Motorhome for $2.00 a gallon for Diesel gas is about $2.80 .We are getting screwed by everyone involve and can not do anything about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
One thing to note... the state of Mexico owns vast reserves of petroleum (PEMEX)... enough to satisfy their demand and then export the remainder to us.

We on the other hand do not produce enought to satisfy our demand therefore have to import the vast majority from foreign sources (who rape us).

Just thought I would point that out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
..I was watching some program last night that calculated all the extra US $$ that have gone straight to Arab nations as a result of the increase in price over the last 100 days. He calculated the extra $20 per barrel x the 20 million barrels the US needs per day x the 100 or so days (when it went from 80 something to 100 something)..wow. Then it hit home when he threw in the fact that the "Stimulus" Bush package checks will do anything but stimulate our economy, but will go directly to the oil nations :mad:

·
ICETOM
62 Posts
One thing to note... the state of Mexico owns vast reserves of petroleum (PEMEX)... enough to satisfy their demand and then export the remainder to us.

We on the other hand do not produce enought to satisfy our demand therefore have to import the vast majority from foreign sources (who rape us).

Just thought I would point that out.

Of course if we would just get down and drill alot more in Alaska we would have plenty for us and then some.:|err

·
Registered
255 Posts
Not just Alaska. We should be drilling off the coast wherever oil is. There should be oil rigs as far as the eye could see off the coast of CA and FL.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
don't be silly... :D Congress will let that happen over their dead bodies. They don't care about us, just their enviro-mental wacko buddies.....

I'm stocking up on Lube ;)

Of course if we would just get down and drill alot more in Alaska we would have plenty for us and then some.:|err

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
No shiat. All this political B.S. diverts attention from the fact that we are totally dependant on Foreign Oil.

People need to put things in perspective. When oil was $30 a barrel 6 year ago, gas was $1.50-$1.75.

I don't know how much gas comes out of a 55 gallon drum but if its 1:1 (probably not) then thats $0.54 a gallon for raw material.

Now a barrel of oil is $100 and gas is $3.00-$3.25. So the raw material is $1.81 a gallon. Price of gas doubled but the price we pay the Arabs for the raw material more than doubled

sure we got some funny temporary price fluctuations. But most of the 235% increase in the cost of the raw materials goes to the ARABS :|err

..I was watching some program last night that calculated all the extra US $$ that have gone straight to Arab nations as a result of the increase in price over the last 100 days. He calculated the extra $20 per barrel x the 20 million barrels the US needs per day x the 100 or so days (when it went from 80 something to 100 something)..wow. Then it hit home when he threw in the fact that the "Stimulus" Bush package checks will do anything but stimulate our economy, but will go directly to the oil nations :mad:

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
Funny thing is that Calif. has all the road taxes and such added to the price, and the roads in Mexico are probably better then those in Cali are now adays

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Not just Alaska. We should be drilling off the coast wherever oil is. There should be oil rigs as far as the eye could see off the coast of CA and FL.
Exactly!!! But until we get somebody who isnt tied to big oil in the White House (and the administration) it will never happen. I cant believe that I hear NOTHING about these outrageous pratices from any politicians. How have we become such a nation of pussies and envior freaks??:mad: Cant they see what this is doing to this country? What can we do about it is my question, and please no brilliant statements like dont buy gas or open your own refinery OK. Recession, ***** can you say collapse? And all the while GW doesnt even ackowledge the troubles we are facing. what a fu-kwad POS he is. NSF PS BTW nice boat B.B !!!!

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Isnt that the truth. CA has the worse roads in the nation.

Funny thing is that Calif. has all the road taxes and such added to the price, and the roads in Mexico are probably better then those in Cali are now adays

·
Seriously off center
2,440 Posts
You all realize of course that the oil companies buy at the contract past far in the PAST and well below the futures price today. "Oil prices" we see are a commodity FUTURE (think stock market, not grocery market) driven by investor sentiment, not demand.
NOW get pissed.....

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
I don't know how much gas comes out of a 55 gallon drum but if its 1:1 (probably not) then thats $0.54 a gallon for raw material.
The barrel of oil that is referred to isn't 55 gallons, it's actually 42 gallons... ;)

Here is the breakdown of that barrel:

http://www.energy.ca.gov/gasoline/whats_in_barrel_oil.html

Looks like a little better than 20 gallons of gas comes from a barrel of oil, at least based upon these figures. ;)

Exactly!!! But until we get somebody who isnt tied to big oil in the White House (and the administration) it will never happen.
Oh please... Until we get rid of the environmental whackos who block us drilling for more oil and building new refineries, the prices and dependence on foreign oil won't change.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Jordy.. stop bringing facts into this......:D

.. LOL if they think W. is the problem, wait until Pelosi gets a chance to flex some of her muscle... WE ain't seen high gas prices YET.

You guys need to pay special close attention to the garbage that comes from the mouths of the wacko enviro-nazi politicians from California..... they won't be happy until all your junk is traded in for electric vehicles (boats, SUV's, motorcyles, etc.)

My prediction. A complete ban on SUV in California in the next ten years. And who knows what else.

The barrel of oil that is referred to isn't 55 gallons, it's actually 42 gallons... ;)

Here is the breakdown of that barrel:

http://www.energy.ca.gov/gasoline/whats_in_barrel_oil.html

Looks like a little better than 20 gallons of gas comes from a barrel of oil, at least based upon these figures. ;)

Oh please... Until we get rid of the environmental whackos who block us drilling for more oil and building new refineries, the prices and dependence on foreign oil won't change.

G

·
Exactly!!! But until we get somebody who isnt tied to big oil in the White House (and the administration) it will never happen. I cant believe that I hear NOTHING about these outrageous pratices from any politicians. How have we become such a nation of pussies and envior freaks??:mad: Cant they see what this is doing to this country? What can we do about it is my question, and please no brilliant statements like dont buy gas or open your own refinery OK. Recession, ***** can you say collapse? And all the while GW doesnt even ackowledge the troubles we are facing. what a fu-kwad POS he is. NSF PS BTW nice boat B.B !!!!
Bobby,

Are you surprised at the response. :D

Jordy,

What are we paying for domestic oil? Another question would be since we have trade agreements with Canada and Canada is the largest supplier of imported oil to the US, should we be paying $108 per barrel?

Based on the price structure of domestic vs foriegn oil, I don't see the prices changing, regardless of how much domestic is produced.

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
I'd suggest you replace the fuel filter in the MoHo now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Talk about a simplistic suggestion - "drill for more oil" - sheesh! What we have here are several factors that determine what the crude oil barrel price is:

Oil is "priced" in US dollars but sold in the local currency. When the value of a USD (U.S. Dollar) drops relative to say a Euro, the price in USD goes up. The Euro was worth 1 USD 8 years ago when GWB entered office. Now it is 1.5 USD to 1 EURO. revert it back and you get $70 barrel crude.

Second, oil is a commodity that is being speculated in just like gold ($1,000+/oz), platinum, corn, etc. - all are going up because the big investors are running from the real estate back mortgage investment and puttin their money where they think it will be safer - commodities. They are driving the prices UP, UP and still farher.

We have a higher than 5 year average supply in tank farms of unprocessed crude by a record value of that crude.

We drill TOO much oil for us to use in Alaska and we are selling it to Asian countries like Japan. Figure that one out.

Even if we had UNLIMITED crude we don't have enough refineries to process it. We are IMPORTING refined gasoline from Venezuela - yes, that's right from our "friend" Hugo Chavez.

Even America drilled oil is being sold at the same price as foreign drilled oil. If the government wanted to do something about it then they could shutdown the commodity trading in it and demand a fair profit to the drillers here in the U.S. but not as high as the price being paid to the towel heads. Radical idea but sometimes radical ideas are needed.

Whoever said dump these idiots from office is absolutely right. Has Cheney ever released the minutes of the "oil meetings" his buddies and he had? No. Gee wasn't that before the remarkable run-up in prices?

Think over 400 closed refineries in the U.S. since 1981.

Simple thought for simple minds - more drilling.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Your argument is a typical straw man argument. Obviously the whole system for drilling and pricing will have to change. How are you going to change anything unless we are willing to drill on our own soil first?
Signed, Simpleton.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts