Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Gays should not be allowed around little boys who is the genius pushing that crap i am so tired of the networks forcing gays on everyone. It is not normal nor should it be its against all that is right. i know i will get some grief over these comment but im tired of the crap. If you want to do men then keep it to yourself no one wants to know, learn or care what you do. STAY IN THE CLOSET PERFECT PLACE.

the other deal is this new owner here is crowding this site with advertisements..

·
Bah...
2,546 Posts
They need to go start their own spear fishing for doo doo sharks group and leave normal people alone. Crap like this makes it tough on people who are respectable about their orientation and blend in rather than having the big neon hat that says 'I'm gay! You have to make me fit in!"

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Gays should not be allowed around little boys who is the genius pushing that crap i am so tired of the networks forcing gays on everyone. It is not normal nor should it be its against all that is right. i know i will get some grief over these comment but im tired of the crap. If you want to do men then keep it to yourself no one wants to know, learn or care what you do. STAY IN THE CLOSET PERFECT PLACE.

the other deal is this new owner here is crowding this site with advertisements..
X2! Liberals always try to change things to suit their way of thinking. Changing the definition of "marriage" is another example. Why should the BSA appease them?

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Who in their right mind thinks fags taking young boys into the woods is a good idea?
Makes the same sense as a straight male girl scout leader. Not common but not unheard of.

Just because some one chooses (IMO it's a choice) to be gay doesn't mean they are going to also choose to take advantage of an innocent child.

I don't care for it, but let's not be a group of ignorant assholes.

IMO, the fact that it's being highlighted is a bigger issue. Sex was never a part of the BSA curriculum, it's too bad that it is now.

Times are always changing, like it or not. The fact that there are a lot more victim minded, poor me mentality, people in the community than there are stand up citizens with solid values, self respect, and integrity... typically means that's road our "world" is going to go down. Unfortunate.

Not to assign either mentality to a sexuality. I know more "poor me" straight people than I care to.

A gay man who lives a life of integrity, treats people with respect, lives and teaches the morals the BSA is founded on, and keeps his private life private (as any scout leader should) is a better choice than some of the guys posting ignorant, stupid, hateful, derogatory, crap on here.

Again. I don't care for it. But, so long as private is private and curriculum is curriculum and integrity is integrity... shouldn't be an issue in the limelight.

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Any father with kids in the scouts is a nancy anyways. Pretty much gay, but without the xxxxxxxxxx

What happened to the days of teaching your kids scout kinda stuff YOURSELF? Is daddy too metro or career minded to be a man?
That would be one bad ass dad to have the time and skills to provide knowledge in:

American Business
American Cultures
American Heritage
American Labor
Animal Science
Archaeology
Archery
Architecture
Art
Astronomy
Athletics
Automotive Maintenance
Aviation
Backpacking
Basketry
Bird Study
Bugling
Camping
Canoeing
Chemistry
Chess
Cinematography
Citizenship in the Community
Citizenship in the Nation
Citizenship in the World
Climbing
Coin Collecting
Collections
Communication
Composite Materials
Computers
Cooking
Crime Prevention
Cycling
Dentistry
Disabilities Awareness
Dog Care
Drafting
Electricity
Electronics
Emergency Preparedness
Energy
Engineering
Entrepreneurship
Environmental Science
Family Life
Farm Mechanics
Fingerprinting
Fire Safety
First Aid
Fish and Wildlife Management
Fishing
Fly Fishing
Forestry
Gardening
Genealogy
Geocaching
Geology
Golf
Graphic Arts
Hiking
Home Repairs
Horsemanship
Indian Lore
Insect Study
Inventing
Journalism
Kayaking
Landscape Architecture
Law
Leatherwork
Lifesaving
Mammal Study
Medicine
Metalwork
Model Design and Building
Motorboating
Music
Nature
Nuclear Science
Oceanography
Orienteering
Painting
Personal Fitness
Personal Management
Pets
Photography
Pioneering
Plant Science
Plumbing
Pottery
Public Health
Public Speaking
Pulp and Paper
Radio
Railroading
Reading
Reptile and Amphibian Study
Rifle Shooting
Robotics
Rowing
Safety
Salesmanship
Scouting Heritage
Scholarship
Scuba Diving
Sculpture
Search & Rescue
Shotgun Shooting
Skating
Small-Boat Sailing
Snow Sports
Soil and Water Conservation
Space Exploration
Sports
Stamp Collecting
Surveying
Swimming
Textile
Theater
Traffic Safety
Truck Transportation
Veterinary Medicine
Water Sports
Weather
Welding
Whitewater
Wilderness Survival
Wood Carving
Woodwork

As well as promoting teamwork, leadership, and social skills.

Good luck Super Dad. Good luck.

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
My kids beat up scouts. :yes:
LOL Doesn't surprise me. To each their own.

Some have a college fund, some have a bail fund and either is fine.

Just two different paths from the cradle to the grave.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Added one.
That would be one bad ass dad to have the time and skills to provide knowledge in:

When did 'Motorboating' get thrown in there. I missed that one...oh, wait...different motorboat.:happy:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

WOW!! You are the same guy in the 50's and 60's saying "what gives them colored people the right to think that they can sit in the same room as me?"

Stay ignorant ilmormark, stay ignorant.:))ThumbsDwn

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
WOW!! You are the same guy in the 50's and 60's saying "what gives them colored people the right to think that they can sit in the same room as me?"

Stay ignorant ilmormark, stay ignorant.:))ThumbsDwn
You do realize that the BSA was started as a christian organization and has heavy ties to most churches. The government is forcing the scouts into changing their religious beliefs in order to allow them to use federal lands and accept federal money.
I think it's bad that the government would force any religious institution out of their beliefs. It's like forcing the girl scouts to accept boys that are effeminate, or NAACP to allow white supremacists and kKK members, women in men's locker rooms (actually I'm not against that), ect.

While I have no problem with the gay community and have many friends of the family and family members that are gay, I do have a problem with an agenda forced upon any institution that may be against their religion.

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
You do realize that the BSA was started as a christian organization and has heavy ties to most churches.
B.S. :cowdodo:

The government is forcing the scouts into changing their religious beliefs in order to allow them to use federal lands and accept federal money.
B.S. :cowdodo:

I think it's bad that the government would force any religious institution out of their beliefs.
For the most part... B.S. :cowdodo:
Only if Civil Rights are in question.

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Do you even know the history of the BSA??? Obviously not!!!
Obviously don't know jack shit about it!!!
In all fairness, I'll be happy to review any sources of history you present.

Just one link to support your B.S. is all I ask.

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
..... Sex was never a part of the BSA curriculum, it's too bad that it is now. ......
Yup!!

.....A gay man who lives a life of integrity, treats people with respect, lives and teaches the morals the BSA is founded on, and keeps his private life private (as any scout leader should) is a better choice than some of the guys posting ignorant, stupid, hateful, derogatory, crap on here.....
Yup, but you can leave out the term "gay" and it's even more applicable. Sexual orientation isn't part of scouting and actually shouldn't be part of most social/professional day to day interactions. That's one of the things about many in the gay movement... they want you to know and approve of what they do in private as part of "accepting" them....

Any father with kids in the scouts is a nancy anyways. Pretty much gay, but without the buttfuckin.

What happened to the days of teaching your kids scout kinda stuff YOURSELF? Is daddy too metro or career minded to be a man?
My dad was a scout leader and we were active in scouts for many years. I doubt you'd be stupid enough to actually say something like that to my dad face to face. On a more postive note, my dad is a great man, lead by example and was a postive influence on lots of people.

My kids beat up scouts. :yes:
Yea, being active in scouts myself there were kids that tried retarded stuff like that. Most were pretty surprised with how that worked out for them....

You do realize that the BSA was started as a christian organization and has heavy ties to most churches. The government is forcing the scouts into changing their religious beliefs in order to allow them to use federal lands and accept federal money.
I think it's bad that the government would force any religious institution out of their beliefs. It's like forcing the girl scouts to accept boys that are effeminate, or NAACP to allow white supremacists and kKK members, women in men's locker rooms (actually I'm not against that), ect.

While I have no problem with the gay community and have many friends of the family and family members that are gay, I do have a problem with an agenda forced upon any institution that may be against their religion.
Check your facts. Scouting is not, nor ever was intended as a christian organzation. One of the Scouting Laws is "Reverant" but clearly spells out tolerance for all religions, not just christianity. Some history though...In the very early days (early 1900s or so), there was a loose association with the YMCA to begin promoting Scouting. However, once scouting became it's own entity, that ended it's "christian/YMCA" affliliation. Scouting has always been about learing to be a responsible and self reliant citizen, typcially through outdoor activites like camping, hiking and service to the community.
That said, Scouting does partner with some community organizations like churchs, PTAs, and private schools as outreach programs to promote scouting ideals and reach kids that might otherwise be left out. They do not change their principles but instead integrate them into these associations.
Scouting is a great organization that helps lots of kids learn skills they might otherwise never learn. Clearly a few around here might be much better people had they learned some ot the principles behind scouting.....

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
My God... Always have to find references for these guys. Can't research on their own.

Read this book. I read it years ago when I was a Asst. Scout Master for my son's troop. It talks about his life, his beliefs, and how Scouting was founded.

Amazon.com: Robert Baden-Powell: The Man Who Created the International Scouting Movement That Gives Young People Opportunities to Excel (People Who Have Helped) (9780836802146): Julia Courtney: Books

This is what the BSA was based on:
Scouting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Almost every church has a charter attached to it.
Scouting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.lds.org/callings/aaronic-priesthood/leader-resources/scouting

BTW here are a list of the Religious Merit Badges.

Religious emblems programs (Boy Scouts of America) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW the BSA is a private organization. It is not a government program.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Check your facts. Scouting is not, nor ever was intended as a christian organzation. One of the Scouting Laws is "Reverant" but clearly spells out tolerance for all religions, not just christianity. Some history though...In the very early days (early 1900s or so), there was a loose association with the YMCA to begin promoting Scouting. However, once scouting became it's own entity, that ended it's "christian/YMCA" affliliation. Scouting has always been about learing to be a responsible and self reliant citizen, typcially through outdoor activites like camping, hiking and service to the community.
That said, Scouting does partner with some community organizations like churchs, PTAs, and private schools as outreach programs to promote scouting ideals and reach kids that might otherwise be left out. They do not change their principles but instead integrate them into these associations.
Scouting is a great organization that helps lots of kids learn skills they might otherwise never learn. Clearly a few around here might be much better people had they learned some ot the principles behind scouting.....
It was founded as a Christian organization but has since changed to include all the religions. When it was started, Christianity was the main religions in the UK and the US. Go back to the early days and the only religious merit badges were Christian in nature.

Again, if it wasn't religious in nature, it wouldn't include these merit badges.

Religious emblems programs (Boy Scouts of America) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 - 20 of 97 Posts