Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they need any kind of sealer , or just screw them into the header and forget about it..

I bought all new ones so i only want to do this once:)grn

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
For virtually any fluid fitting (especially a corrosive like water), I use a liquid thread dope (my can of Rectorseal). My purpose is more of an anti-sieze than a sealer, but, covers both avenues.

A little goes a long ways.

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
I bought all new ones so i only want to do this once
not to jack you thread but hardware store fittings had bigger holes in them than the purpose built ones from Rex or bassett

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not to jack you thread but hardware store fittings had bigger holes in them than the purpose built ones from Rex or bassett

Didn't know the hardware store had such an animal.....

I bought mine from Rex along with some restrictor fittings for the injection lines...:)grn

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
strong work buddy you get that animal on the water yet liked your video didnt say something like "yeah bigblock chevy watch out ford bitches"

·
Registered
69 Posts
X2 on the antisieze. But I wouldnt worry too much about sealer. There are weep holes in the bottom of the header tubes that will be spitting out water anyway, so a couple of drops from the fittings wont even be noticed.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
strong work buddy you get that animal on the water yet liked your video didnt say something like "yeah bigblock chevy watch out ford bitches"

Yeah, i had all you Ford guys in mind when i was talking trash:D

had some fuel pump issues so i went electric..... Its all ready to get wet now, just waiting for my FIL to bring his boat back up here to go testing..

I want a tow boat on site:)grn

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
I'll be your tow boat give me a call on my cell we can do it sat morning

1 - 9 of 9 Posts