Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much of a pain in the ass is it to replace the seals at the rams on a Bravo 1? I have a small leak at the ram seal and thinking of replacing the seals myself.

·
Distinguished Member
412 Posts
You can make the tool by using an open end 1" wrench and drilling holes where the zinc's screws go. Then, put the screws through the holes and back into the zinc and turn it like a nut.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can make the tool by using an open end 1" wrench and drilling holes where the zinc's screws go. Then, put the screws through the holes and back into the zinc and turn it like a nut.

Thanks, I was thinkin that it would take some tool that I would have to make my self. I can do that, damn engineers.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
The Magic (right before I sold it) had a problem with the trim cylinders. Due to no fault of mine, seems the Bravos have a plastic spacer in them to prevent trimming up any further than they do. Well one of the little buggers disentigrated into a hundred little pieces and of course found it's way thru the entire trim system, costing me the rebuild of trim cylinders, new trim pump and labor to flush out the whole system, pretty costly.
So I would suggest checking those spacers out very carefully, they are inexpensive but cause a lot of damage when exploded. Good Luck.
NSF
PS Oh yeah I forgot, the PlayCraft had a leaking Trim cylinder right after I got it so had both of them rebuilt. Not having a real good run of luck with trim cylinders!!!!!!!!!

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
I think I'm going to take this project on. I have one that is leaking. The "rebuild kit" is less than $20. Sounds like I can make that tool from a Harbor Freight wrench.

Is there a need or way to bleed the system once it's back together?

Any other tricks or advice?

Thx. :D

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
Do not remove the end cap by using the zinc bolt heads to turn it. They are very small and can break. Remove the zinc and use a spanner wrench.

When rebuilding the trim cylinder...... cleanliness is imperative. Pay attention, there are some small balls that will fall out and get lost.

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
EXCELLENT CHOISE OF TOPIC FOR THE dyno thread ...
This thread was moved here by the mods. I'm sure they would love to hear from you about their choice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts