Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... getting ready to do an engine R and R on my 454 bravo one set up, I'm going to pull out my tired engine and replace it with a fresh long block on the engine stand, can I get some advice on the proceedure? I plan on marking everything such as wiring, plumbing etc. to get it back where it belongs, my question is mostly advice on removing to outdrive and re-installing it so the alignment is correct, I will put the motor mounts back on the way they came off the tired engine etc. but I need an alignment tool right? and once I get the new motor in the alignment tool should slip in out freely right? and if it doesn't do I shim the motor mounts till it does? whats the best way to do this motor alignment proceedure begining to end,,, thanks in advance for any help it's my first rodeo but I have a need to do it 3 more times in the next couple of years between my boat and my friends

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
there are no shims?
Merc mounts are a screw jack for up and down and the bases are slotted for left and right. Solid mounts that dont line up mean something has moved.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hey guys... getting ready to do an engine R and R on my 454 bravo one set up, I'm going to pull out my tired engine and replace it with a fresh long block on the engine stand, can I get some advice on the proceedure? I plan on marking everything such as wiring, plumbing etc. to get it back where it belongs, my question is mostly advice on removing to outdrive and re-installing it so the alignment is correct, I will put the motor mounts back on the way they came off the tired engine etc. but I need an alignment tool right? and once I get the new motor in the alignment tool should slip in out freely right? and if it doesn't do I shim the motor mounts till it does? whats the best way to do this motor alignment proceedure begining to end,,, thanks in advance for any help it's my first rodeo but I have a need to do it 3 more times in the next couple of years between my boat and my friends
If you have any questions call me 928-855-7420 ask for Bart or email me [email protected]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool

ok Bart probably will be getting a call from me in the next week or so when I'm ready to stab this thing... thanks so much ronnie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts