Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Junking my vac pump and running hoses from the valve covers to the exhaust, but having a hard time finding the right check valves at the auto parts store to thread to the new inlets on the exhaust tips...

Any info greatly appreciated!! Long Beach is only a few days away!

Thanks,
Mike PS108

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Junking my vac pump and running hoses from the valve covers to the exhaust, but having a hard time finding the right check valves at the auto parts store to thread to the new inlets on the exhaust tips...

Thanks,
Mike PS108
u might try Summit or Jegs...not sure if u can just buy the part u need tho!...i just run hoses from my valve covers to a puke tank

FastRat

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
it's a check valver for a chevy with a smog pump not sure what year pipe fitting on one end and barb fitting on other

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
977 Posts
why are you not useing the vac. pump? you would think thats better than the old pan e-vac setup.is the pump for sale?

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
This is my opinion only but I think a properly installed pan evac system is plenty for a lake race boat. I think a pump is over kill and just not necessary for a lake boat. And definitely not worth the 500 or so bucks for 30HP and more crap to maintain..

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
977 Posts
This is my opinion only but I think a properly installed pan evac system is plenty for a lake race boat. I think a pump is over kill and just not necessary for a lake boat. And definitely not worth the 500 or so bucks for 30HP and more crap to maintain..
true. just thought the motor was built for the pump.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts

Thanks,
Mike PS108
Mike I have a set Of leach headers all set up and ready to go! If you need them there yours just say the word. I wont be there till sat afternoon but i can have them there on friday if u need them.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike I have a set Of leach headers all set up and ready to go! If you need them there yours just say the word. I wont be there till sat afternoon but i can have them there on friday if u need them.

Jeff, thanks a lot, but the headers are already set up for the hoses. I just need one more of the check valves. I think I found it, but gotta get it Fed Ex'd today.

See you Saturday. Thanks a bunch for the offer!!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
why are you not useing the vac. pump? you would think thats better than the old pan e-vac setup.is the pump for sale?

At this time, I am not selling the pump. Interested primarily in reliability at this time, I'm trying to simplify the system (one less thing to break), but will hold verdict until I see if there is any noticable performance gain or loss.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks! That's what I am looking for! Got 'em ordered up for delivery today....

Thanks again,
Mike

·
Distinguished Member
5,788 Posts
I'm with Vince on this one. On a pure NA race boat, yea we always ran one. Lake boat, pan-evac's or a puke tank are the better solution. Breathers are the easiest, but I always had an issue with the oil ooze making a mess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts