Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
BANDAID DUDE!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tell me what this event was..and why it is no longer.
I have experience organizing racing events and would like to organize a poker run or other marine event on the River/Delta.

·
BANDAID DUDE!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yea, looks like it hasn't run in 5 years. Curious if lack of interest or?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Best event Sacramento ever had. Chris at Poker Runs West put it on.

www.pokerrunswest.com
thats debateable..i did it once and had fun,but the Sacramento water festivel in the 80s with V8 outboard powered F1 boats was way more exciting and drew way more spectators:)coffee

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Bridge to Bridge was a bad accident waiting to happen IMO, that's why I never ran any of my boats there. Up to a hundred miles per hour or so, not such a big deal, but running boats up that dogleg and shooting the bridge supports at a buck-fifty with spectator filled docks just 50' away was nuts! I'd love to see the tunnel boats come back, but I doubt it will ever happen. The closest the tunnel boats will get to us in the near future may be Washington, as Chris Fairchild and the powers that be in Champ are working to get a race up there next year.

·
Never Enough
972 Posts
Bridge to Bridge was a bad accident waiting to happen IMO, that's why I never ran any of my boats there. Up to a hundred miles per hour or so, not such a big deal, but running boats up that dogleg and shooting the bridge supports at a buck-fifty with spectator filled docks just 50' away was nuts! I'd love to see the tunnel boats come back, but I doubt it will ever happen. The closest the tunnel boats will get to us in the near future may be Washington, as Chris Fairchild and the powers that be in Champ are working to get a race up there next year.
I've got a few pictures from 2004.

·
Never Enough
972 Posts
Yea we were new to the performance boating thing back then but even being a newbie watching the cats heading north hard trying to miss the bridge slipping and sliding chine walking!!! Love it!!!

·
BANDAID DUDE!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I doubt you could get something sanctioned like that with the potential liability. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Bridge to Bridge

Some fellow boaters performed a water show for a ouple years there. I was able to wet the spectators on the bridgew with my rooster tail. Have to say it was WAY TOO MUCH FUN, so was due to get canceled.

Jerry

·
Live it!
215 Posts
good times

Some fellow boaters performed a water show for a ouple years there. I was able to wet the spectators on the bridgew with my rooster tail. Have to say it was WAY TOO MUCH FUN, so was due to get canceled.

Jerry

Attachments

·
!%@#$
508 Posts
Damn theres the Raysoncraft when it was just a couple months old, scoop and all. That was fun running between the bridges, but at around 100mph it was a cake walk. 140-150's would be tough I would think.

They were some real good times, great turn outs.

Racer

·
BANDAID DUDE!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spectators are what make an event like this popular. Sure would like to see something like this come back. Maybe if we throw a basketball in the mix we could get the mayor on board.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts