Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I pulled the mill apart last week and sent her in to the machine shop. Heres what the bearings looked like. :)st Glad I pulled her down when I did. It was running great when I pulled it off of the water and I noticed some screwy stuff when I started looking into the motor last year. Decided I was going to re-ring and bearing the engine. Pulled the bearings and went, "Woah!"

~Brian

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Be glad you pulled her down when you did - mine got a lot worse, fast.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
That is a nice camera.:D Very nice, clear pictures.:D

:)hand

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its like 4 years old and goes dirt biking with me. Most of the time the view screen doesn't work. Ya'll dogging on my camera???? lol

~Brian

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found some sand in the lifter galley. Couldn't tell if it leaked out of the water jackets when the intake was off or I had a bigger trouble. Also noticed a slight leak from one of the head gaskets. Figured i was this far might as well go the rest of the way.

Mostly for peace of mind to know what is in the motor, and its clearances. I didn't build it to begin with and knew nothing of it history. Apparently it had been detonated a bunch before I got by looking at the number 1 rod bearing.

This is my first big block build. The biggest thing I have built before this was two stroke stuff. Its quite a step up from a briggs engine!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts