Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Laps Timed By Sundial
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grass Valley, Nevada City area. any info - thoughts on these lakes ? I have Jet Boat - Bassett Headers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
NorCal Lakes

Rollins is pretty small but closer to Marysville... Bullards is the sh**

65 miles of shoreline, an awesome place BEFORE wakeboarders discovered it!
Great camping, new parking at the east end, typical long walk from parking to the ramp. gets crazy busy on some weekends. Fun place.

http://www.bullardsbar.com/

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
Grass Valley, Nevada City area. any info - thoughts on these lakes ? I have Jet Boat - Bassett Headers.
527 is right about Rollins being pretty small....you can see the whole thing in about 25 minutes. We've taken a few trips up there and really like the lake, especially during the week. Here's a link to one of our outings up there a few years ago.

http://www.laidbackboaters.com/id27.htm

and oh yea, more than likely you will need baffles if you don't already have them.

·
Laps Timed By Sundial
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my son's been talking up rollins, but i'm thinking bullards bar. i've got phony baffles & real ones (about the same)

do like this pic though

·
Laps Timed By Sundial
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
water level at Bullards looks GOOD...

Thu, May 7

HighLow69°/50°WindSW 10 to 15 mphWater Temperature59°Water Level91%

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
my dads company worked on the bullards dam last year,he had the RV over at lake collins for about 3months, it is one place i would love to hit and check out :Dthe water was really low when we were there but it was still beautiful just didnt like the boat launch shit at the dam looks like it could be a cluster fok on a good weekend

·
Registered
358 Posts
bullards

I think the only down side to bullards is the steep sides not a lot of beach that I know of only been there twice thought in a ski boat how are they about speed ? and is it two camp grounds?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bullards

2 general camp sites, 2 group camp areas and camping on the lake...
We have blasted across the lake countless times ( normally during the week)

LEO's are pretty forgiving

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bullard's Bar

Looking into doing a weekend at Bullard's... Any suggestions on which campgrounds to use? Will have 15-20 people and 3 boats. Any suggestions on which sites are closest to the water?

Thanks in advance for the info. :)hand

·
Positive Vibration
427 Posts
Same question as above. Which campground has the calmest water to moor in. I have no freeboard whatsoever on the Crusader. We have 2-3 boats and 12-15 people. Looking at Madrone Cove? We are doing a mid-week trip, so maybe there will be less people?

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
here's a map to the lake-

and here's the info on the campgrounds-
#01 Hornswoggle Group Campground
On Marysville Rd., off of Hwy. 49, on east side of lake. R.V. and tent sites, water, toilets, picnic tables, fire pits, fee.
#02 Schoolhouse Family Campground
On Marysville Rd., off of Hwy. 49, on east side of lake. R.V. and tent sites, water, toilets, picnic tables, fire pits, fee.
#03 Dark Day Campground
On Marysville Rd., off of Hwy. 49, on east side of lake. Tent sites, water, toilets, picnic tables, fire pits, launch ramp, picnic area, fee.
#04 Garden Point Boat Campground
In the center of the lake on the tip of the Garden Point Peninsula. Boat access only, no water, toilets, picnic tables, fire pits, fee.
#05 Madrone Cove Boat Campground
North end of the lake up in the North Yuba River Arm. Boat access only, no water, toilets, picnic tables, fire pits, fee.
#06 Frenchy Point Boat Campground
North end of the lake up in the North Yuba River Arm. Boat access only, no water, no toilets, picnic tables, fire pits, fee.
Shoreline Camping
Any shore around the lake. Boat access only, bring your own gear and camp on the shoreline, chemical toilets required (rental available), fee.

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
and some info about it-

Bullards Bar is located approximately 21 miles north of Nevada City off of Highway 49, in historic gold country. The closest cities being Marysville in one direction and Nevada City in the other.
Located at the 2,000' elevation, it is 16 miles long and has 60 miles of convulted shoreline with a total of approximately 4,700 surface acres of boating space. While no other access to the reservoir beside the two launch ramps exist, you are surrounded by greenbelt filled with pine, fir, oak, madrone and dogwood trees. As you wind up into the North Yuba Canyon, sheer cliffs of granite come down to greet the crystal clear water.
The North Yuba is backed up by Bullards Bar Dam which is an awesome sight all by itself. Standing 645' above the canyon floor, it holds back 960,000 acre feet of water. It's the second tallest dam in California, 5th tallest in the United States. A hydro-electric dam, Bullards Bar Dam is operated and controlled by the Yuba County Water Agency. They are able to manage the water so that recreation access to the reservoir is never restricted.
Bullards Bar offers boat access campgrounds, land based sites, and shoreline camping permits. There are a total of only 160 sites, which limits the amount of people the area can accommodate. Emerald Cove takes site specific reservations for all camping. As Yuba County Water Agency's exclusive marina concessionaire, Emerald Cove Resort & Marina provides the reservoir's facilities which include a complete marina store, boat slips, campgrounds, and boat rentals.
For the fisherman, there are kokanee salmon, rainbow trout, german browns, largemouth, smallmouth and black bass, crappie, catfish, and bluegill. Bullards Bar has a reputation as having the best kokanee salmon fishing in California.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bullards

Looking into doing a weekend at Bullard's... Any suggestions on which campgrounds to use? Will have 15-20 people and 3 boats. Any suggestions on which sites are closest to the water?

Thanks in advance for the info.
Hornswaggle group camp is probably the best and closest to the ramp
Huge parking areas and large sites

·
InsaneInjun
592 Posts
reg's

need mufflers in over transoms and make sure you have everything to be legal. the yuba county sherffs watch for roll bar party boats and any show offs !be cool and they leave you alone !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts