Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the economy in the crapper and getting worse I think some of these will go up this year. Especially DV as stress in the household boils over in tough economic times. Regardless, since I basically live in BHC I am glad to see the decrease in crime. Good job BHC police! Every time I go out I seem to see 2-3 police cars in a short distance. I don't like to be followed but I think the visibilty of the PO squash some crime before it happens.

How is LHC doing in this crime stuff these days?

BHC Crime Stats Released
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ - The Bullhead City Police Department released its 2008 Crime Statistics Report, which shows lower numbers of incidents responded to by officers in four out of the five major categories listed. The only category showing an increase was in reported incidents of domestic violence, which jumped from 514 in 2007 to 598 in 2008. Chief Rodney Head said that the number of events responded to by police officers reflect a downward trend throughout the county.
“The number of reports taken for domestic violence did increase, however, most others decreased or remained relatively steady,” said Chief Head.
The most notable decrease came in the violent crimes category, down nearly 50% from 2007 -- most notably, homicide reports declined from four in 2007 to zero in 2008.
Chief Head added, “I’m happy that people are driving safely as the number of motor vehicle accidents are down. The most concerning to us though is the number of fatal accidents has tripled. However, one third of the fatal accidents were easily preventable had pedestrians not walked in or crossed the roadways at inopportune locations.”

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
"which shows lower numbers of incidents responded to by officers".

I'm curious how many they didn't bother responding too. 0 murders. Guess all those in the newspaper were just all made up in '08.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"which shows lower numbers of incidents responded to by officers".

I'm curious how many they didn't bother responding too. 0 murders. Guess all those in the newspaper were just all made up in '08.
So you think these stats are all BS?

Were there murders in '08 and they are lying about it?

I can see your point about only "incidents responded to by officers" as it gives some potential to manipulate them but are you inferring they aren't responding to crimes when called?

Just like a clarification on it from your perspective

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have had a few instances where I had interactions with BHC PD. My gut feeling is that the crime stats are not correct. I have seen more units doing the traffic gig. However the residential burgs of "second homes" has increased. There is also a larger pressence of individuals that "appear" to be or "associated" with gang activity. The increase of gang activity in BHC has been confirmed by BHCPD.

Yes gangs are here

By HEATHER SMATHERS/The Daily News

Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:26 PM CST

BULLHEAD CITY - Avoid denial of local gang activity.

That was the message sent to the public at the first meeting of Police and Citizens Together for 2009.
Those in attendance heard a presentation on the status of the Gang and Immigration Intelligence Task Enforcement Mission in Mohave County and Bullhead City. Department of Public Safety Officer David Stopke said statewide there are 21,423 identified gang members, with 550 of those members identified as being in Mohave County.

Bullhead City Police Department Detective Jeff Viles said people often ask if there really is gang activity in Bullhead City and Mohave County.

The answer: yes.

“Of course, we aren't alone in gang proliferation,” Viles said, noting that while California's largest export used to be oranges, now “California's biggest export is gang members.”

Viles gave some alarming statistics on the gang activity in Los Angeles County and said that it is important to ensure gang activity does not get as out of control here as it did in California.

“L.A. didn't want to admit (the problem) until it was way too late,” he said. “We refuse to let that happen in this community.”

Stopke and Viles warned people they need to be aware of their surroundings and urged the public to report any possible gang activity.

“Learn habits and behaviors of gang members, pay attention to new graffiti and call police if you see people congregating,” Viles said.

Members of GIITEM are working closely with schools to identify and prevent gang activity. Stopke said the Gang Resistance Education and Training program goes into local elementary and junior high schools to speak to children about the dangers of gangs.

“We try and teach them life lessons and how to make good life choices,” Stopke said. “In middle school, you aren't thinking about what your life will be like in the future.”

Stopke and Viles noted that the 550 identified gang members in Mohave County do not necessarily mean they are currently involved in gang activity. However, Viles said, statistics show that for every one gang member the police identify, there are three more unidentified to the police.

Mohave County has the third highest number of identified gang members in the state.

Taken from a blog

I live in Bullhead. yes, our gangs are increasing. I really don't think we have much in the way of crips and bloods, however, we have a high rate of Mexican gangs. On top of that we have an even higher rate of "wannabes".
Truth of the story is, you will never hear REAL and ACCURATE accounts of ANYTHING regarding gangs or anything else because this is a tourist area. There is stuff that goes on here all of the time that is never publicized. There are normal burglaries and thefts etc that you read about in the paper, however there is stuff you never hear about.
Don't get me wrong, you are quite a bit safer here than you would be in East LA or Compton etc. Our crime rate is NOTHING compared to Southern California!!! But yes, there is some overflow coming our way!

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course gangbangers are in BHC just like there are everywhere. So MV you also think the stats are BS?

First time one of the low lifes tries a home invasion at my house they will have a very rude awakening......I don't expect a knock at my door by anyone that I don't know is coming over. If there is that unexpected knock.....

·
Registered
709 Posts
Of course gangbangers are in BHC just like there are everywhere. So MV you also think the stats are BS?

First time one of the low lifes tries a home invasion at my house they will have a very rude awakening......I don't expect a knock at my door by anyone that I don't know is coming over. If there is that unexpected knock.....
Yep on the bangers and stats!!!!

As to the Low Life's ....... you be the judge:

As in the "Judge" from Taurus.

·
Deck Boat Cheer******
553 Posts
I don't see any crime but its here! (LHC)
A buddy just got his stolen checks recovered (stolen in LHC two weeks ago) this afternoon at a bust in Bullhead. Those guys must be doin' a good job up there.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I had a BS stolen boat claim a few years back in BHC. The detective was all over it, serving search warrants for phone records, etc. He was top notch stuff.

I was impressed. needless to say the "vicitm" (assured) withdrew the claim.....

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I wonder if my 2nd home burg was in the numbers? Interestingly, I have never received anything from BHC 5-0! Should I expect a written report?
CC

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder if my 2nd home burg was in the numbers? Interestingly, I have never received anything from BHC 5-0! Should I expect a written report?
CC
Hmmmm.....I would call them and ask for the reports on both Carl. Just so you know it was done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts