Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have to admit, cried when my son went back to his mom ( my ex ) today. We had a week and some together fishing northern Michigan and when we got back took the big boat out. I think it hits me way harder than him cuz he loves his mom too. It just really sucks. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
It looks like you are truly blessed with a great son. Just enjoy the times you have together and be glad that he does love his mom and loves you too.

Too many times a deep wedge is driven between families that have separated, and the kids pay the price.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like you are truly blessed with a great son. Just enjoy the times you have together and be glad that he does love his mom and loves you too.

Too many times a deep wedge is driven between families that have separated, and the kids pay the price.
Thank You. He's the greatest thing that ever happened to me. Its very hard on me. I am sure him too.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well I have to admit, cried when my son went back to his mom ( my ex ) today. We had a week and some together fishing northern Michigan and when we got back took the big boat out. I think it hits me way harder than him cuz he loves his mom too. It just really sucks. :(
I'm glad you had great time. I know your pain. I was him growing up and he feels the pain also. Only my parents fought over me big time, so I was really tore up trying to please both. I did not one parent feeling like I loved the other more. Best thing for him, is you not ever talking bad about your ex when he is around. Keep the peace for him, cause he can tell when there is tension. It would soooo great for him, if you two were good friends now. (maybe you are hopefully)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad you had great time. I know your pain. I was him growing up and he feels the pain also. Only my parents fought over me big time, so I was really tore up trying to please both. I did not one parent feeling like I loved the other more. Best thing for him, is you not ever talking bad about your ex when he is around. Keep the peace for him, cause he can tell when there is tension. It would soooo great for him, if you two were good friends now. (maybe you are hopefully)
That had to be so hard. I really try not to bad mouth his mom when he's around. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I know the feeling, my little girl goes back to her mom today :(
I was just getting over it, till I had this vaca with him. It was our first one since the divorce. I rented a cabin and it had two rooms, guess where he slept. Yea with me. He snored, beat me up with his head, punched me in the face twice. Got very little sleep and you know what, I didn't care. Love em.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
That had to be so hard. I really try not to bad mouth his mom when he's around. Thanks for the advice.
Dude, listen to 4trax, and dont "try" to not talk shit about the ex (regardless of what kind of bitch she may be) around the kid, never, nada, dont do it, this is when you need to be and adult, like 4trax said, the kid will not forget, and they know and hear, and feel everything, and it goes very deep!!

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
I just took my 2 boys, 10 & 13, back to their mom after 16 days together. This is the longest I've had with them in the last year. We spent 2 weeks at a beach house. From the typical fights, the dinners, the swimming, watching them play in the sand, to the 2am wake up because the youngest had nightmares and restlessly sleeps beside you. Those are what make the best memories. I love them with all my heart, and try to make it the best quality time for them. We went deep sea fishing, and the aquarium. It breaks my heart letting them go back to the crap they have to, but I do the best I can for them, and I count the days until I can see them again. :(

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dude, listen to 4trax, and dont "try" to not talk shit about the ex (regardless of what kind of bitch she may be) around the kid, never, nada, dont do it, this is when you need to be and adult, like 4trax said, the kid will not forget, and they know and hear, and feel everything, and it goes very deep!!
Dude, the hard part was for him(4trax). That had to suck. Also I dont talk about his mom in front of him. He may have walked into a room when I've been on the phone with her and had a heated discussion going. Thats it. He heard enough of our shit for 10 years while we were married.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just took my 2 boys, 10 & 13, back to their mom after 16 days together. This is the longest I've had with them in the last year. We spent 2 weeks at a beach house. From the typical fights, the dinners, the swimming, watching them play in the sand, to the 2am wake up because the youngest had nightmares and restlessly sleeps beside you. Those are what make the best memories. I love them with all my heart, and try to make it the best quality time for them. We went deep sea fishing, and the aquarium. It breaks my heart letting them go back to the crap they have to, but I do the best I can for them, and I count the days until I can see them again. :(
Thats great. They will remember that vacation forever. A lot of dead beat dads out there, your one of the good ones.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Thats great. They will remember that vacation forever. A lot of dead beat dads out there, your one of the good ones.

Thanks. I'm the product of what I thought was a bad divorce, but my ex is making that one look like a cake walk, so I do everything I can, positively.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Nice looking boy, enjoy him each time you have him and do not sweat the small stuff.
I split up with my ex when my daughter was 6.
It was a ****ing nightmare, the judge in charge of our case was a dike,yea a dike.
She hated men, she threated to throw me in jail more then once.

But I did not let that get in the way of my daughter, I loved every minute with her.
Now I am married and have 3 sons, so I know a little about having boys.
Give him alot of love and he will be your best freind as mine are to me.

Johnny

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks. I'm the product of what I thought was a bad divorce, but my ex is making that one look like a cake walk, so I do everything I can, positively.
I think in my case its got better. I dont have to put up with her crap. Just be good parents for our son. She can bitch all she wants now, if dosen't pertain to our son, I dont listen. Push most of her calls to voice mail, listen to them when I want to.;)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice looking boy, enjoy him each time you have him and do not sweat the small stuff.
I split up with my ex when my daughter was 6.
It was a ****ing nightmare, the judge in charge of our case was a dike,yea a dike.
She hated men, she threated to throw me in jail more then once.

But I did not let that get in the way of my daughter, I loved every minute with her.
Now I am married and have 3 sons, so I know a little about having boys.
Give him alot of love and he will be your best freind as mine are to me.

Johnny
Thanks and I do enjoy him. Love him very much.:)

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Dewey, how far do you live from him and how often do you get him?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dewey, how far do you live from him and how often do you get him?
Only about a mile. I get him once a week and every other weekend. Thru.-Mon. I fell apart today because I had him for nine days and really had a good time with him. Doing much better now.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
nice thread great to know some dads still give fok about there kids...i myself had a talk with my oldest(15) today over lunch,he wants to come and live with me for the last couple years, my door is wide open he knows that but his mom lays the evil guilt trip on him everytime when he brings it up and he is hurt cuse she wont even hear him out...piss's me off she wont even let me get the topic out of my mouth before the phone hangs up, but i assured him that my door is always unlocked and when the time is right your room wil be ready,...know to finish off my sunday i just brought in my wifes lil brother to come and live/school with us because his dads a piece of shit and i made sure i told him to his face right before i smacked his beer out of his hand...the *** had the nerve to cry when his son packed his shit, what a joke,15yrs old bright kid very laid back he is a year behind in school,but has created a bad boy attitude over the pass year(a product of his enviroment) so we are taking him in and gonna try to straightin him out so he can live a healtheir life...made sure i let my son know the her lil bro is not his replacement that he will always come first cause i dont want him to ever doubt our love for him...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts