Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A legend to the DNR
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is going to be cold out tonight -29 below with a wind chill of -40 where I am so batten down the hatch bundle up :mad::|err :)coffee

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
-24 degrees out at the airfield, two of the three diesels in the lot did not start, mine started, but gell'ed on the road. Limped to the service station, and got some Power Service 911.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
I didn't think it was that bad outside today.:rolleyes:

·
Breathing Diesel
2,111 Posts
-24 degrees out at the airfield, two of the three diesels in the lot did not start, mine started, but gell'ed on the road. Limped to the service station, and got some Power Service 911.
Leason learned sleekcrafter, you are suppose to run that stuff year round if you want things to run well. After a nice gell job you better replace your filter or you will have other problems. ;)

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
we all run Power Service anti-gel additive, but Sugar grove was -30 I was told, was -29 again this morning. The 911 really does the trick, un gel'ed one of the trucks in a few minutes, opened the the filter housing, poured some in, dumped the rest in the tank. Cycled the key, three times then cranked, and started.

·
oldsmopile equipped
702 Posts
where are you guys buying your fuel? are you buying premium dsl? this just sounds odd to me. the co. I work for is a fuel co. it was -17 last night and we didn't get any calls this morning. I did plug the 6.5 burbin in last night but it sets outside all night. starts up and no gel. not talkin any shit, just wondering where the fuel is coming from.

sorry, drunk posting...don't wan't to change jets to hit the lake:)sphss

·
oldsmopile equipped
702 Posts
sleek, -30 is very cold for #2 dsl tho, so I can understand that. if it ever gets this cold again you could always mix in some #1. helps a ton but less power. i'm sure you know tho.

·
A legend to the DNR
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I run the cheaper diesel it is ten cents cheaper per gal and have had no problems but I do put some additive in now and then.;)

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
You know all the pumps here have the " this pump may contain B2 or B20 biodiesel, depending on the season. It was not just us, literally everyone was effected some not as bad. It's never happened before, but again I cant recall it being so cold.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Now that the real cold air is about to leave us there predicting a big snow storm in the morning. TV says 4 to 8, radio says 8 to 12. Gotta love this global warming. :)st

·
Registered
976 Posts
I DONT THINK IVE RIDDEN MY SLED THIS MUCH IN YEARS!!!!!! IM GLAD I DIDNT SELL HER. I WOULD BE BOARD OFF MY A$$ IF I DID!! :)hand

·
oldsmopile equipped
702 Posts
If there still putting soybeans in it this time of year I can understand.:)sphss that stuff sucks. we have to keep ours warm all winter in the shop. If that stuff gets under 40* it turns solid. cut your filter apart, it will look like sugar. all done plowin, off to the lake

see ya:)hand

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Let it snow!:)devil

1 - 16 of 16 Posts