Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Half a bubble off
2,433 Posts
TappedOut, you're making Washington peeps look bad. Pipe down and learn a bit first before jabbing at folks.

Ron's boat was built as a lake/river boat and to incredible standards with attention to detail that is second to none. That he chooses to run it against purpose built race boats (and has been pretty damn successful last time I looked) is definately something to be proud of.

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TappedOut, you're making Washington peeps look bad. Pipe down and learn a bit first before jabbing at folks.

Ron's boat was built as a lake/river boat and to incredible standards with attention to detail is second to none. That he chooses to run it against purpose built race boats (and has been pretty damn successful last time I looked) is definately something to be proud of.
Thanks John, everybody's entitled to their opinion. I just thought I would share some of what the comp jet guys are doing.

You're right it was a restoration first and race boat second. It has a subfloor and seat bases in it, as a matter of fact we put the full upholstery in and took it out to the lake on the 4th.
We have also managed to finish 11 out of 12 heats in the 3 races we've been in. I'm surprised we havn't had to tear into this motor, it may make it through the season.

LBC, you'll find that these hulls work very well in chop.

Tahiti Boss, at Parker we were running 80.6 at 58-5900 rpms, c-cut impeller. Thats the best we've gotten out of it. Not bad for a boat we picked up off of ebay.

· Half a bubble off
2,433 Posts
;)

Thanks John, everybody's entitled to their opinion. I just thought I would share some of what the comp jet guys are doing.

You're right it was a restoration first and race boat second. It has a subfloor and seat bases in it, as a matter of fact we put the full upholstery in and took it out to the lake on the 4th.
We have also managed to finish 11 out of 12 heats in the 3 races we've been in. I'm surprised we havn't had to tear into this motor, it may make it through the season.

LBC, you'll find that these hulls work very well in chop.

Tahiti Boss, at Parker we were running 80.6 at 58-5900 rpms, c-cut impeller. Thats the best we've gotten out of it. Not bad for a boat we picked up off of ebay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.