Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone buying there meat packs this way? or know people who may be looking for others to buy in? we are looking into doing this for our future meat pork,chicken,beef and egg needs so wanted to see if anyone has or is doing this now?

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got your pm!! ill pass along all info to you as we are gonna try to go this route and lock someone in that we can use as we need!

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
Im a cattle Barron! ....

We jumped right in as soon as we saw her....... from a local ranch here close to us.

20160223_130856[1].jpg

We decided to go with a heifer instead, heard its much better tasting then the lot fed steers that are in the market place. We ended up with a Red Angus Shorthorn breed that is about 9 mos already, and should be ready for harvest in about 8 months. Figured it all out with feed costs and all the cut, wrap and packing we are expecting about 900 lbs of net weight meat and the cost per lb will be about $3.75 for everything.

So this will be grass fed, nonGMO feed, no antiboitics, all heifer beef for less than I buy 24% FAT Hamburger in the store..... I think thats a no Brainer!

Her name is gonna be "Stroganoff" !!! :wink2:

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We jumped right in as soon as we saw her....... from a local ranch here close to us.

View attachment 854962

We decided to go with a heifer instead, heard its much better tasting then the lot fed steers that are in the market place. We ended up with a Red Angus Shorthorn breed that is about 9 mos already, and should be ready for harvest in about 8 months. Figured it all out with feed costs and all the cut, wrap and packing we are expecting about 900 lbs of net weight meat and the cost per lb will be about $3.75 for everything.

So this will be grass fed, nonGMO feed, no antiboitics, all heifer beef for less than I buy 24% FAT Hamburger in the store..... I think thats a no Brainer!

Her name is gonna be "Stroganoff" !!! :wink2:
nice i may have to get those contacts...i'm calling gates meats in vacaville monday see what i come up with!

·
Registered
474 Posts
We've raised a couple steer and multiple pigs here on our property. Got 2 freezers packed full as of right now, and 3 more pigs in the works. We have another local family that is involved with FFA that does most of the work raising the animals here on the property. I could pass your name along if you are interested in buying in. We did 1/2 steer and 1/2 a pig last year. It's a lot of meat. Just had burgers from our last steer tonight, best hamburger meat I've ever had!

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We've raised a couple steer and multiple pigs here on our property. Got 2 freezers packed full as of right now, and 3 more pigs in the works. We have another local family that is involved with FFA that does most of the work raising the animals here on the property. I could pass your name along if you are interested in buying in. We did 1/2 steer and 1/2 a pig last year. It's a lot of meat. Just had burgers from our last steer tonight, best hamburger meat I've ever had!
yes please pm there contacts or pass along mine!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I have done lots of Hogs and a couple of steer. I haven't done any for about 7 years. :))ThumbsDwn

Back when I raised the hogs, it worked out to about $2 per pound for the finished product. And it taste way better than store bought because we feed them good grain.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have done lots of Hogs and a couple of steer. I haven't done any for about 7 years. :))ThumbsDwn

Back when I raised the hogs, it worked out to about $2 per pound for the finished product. And it taste way better than store bought because we feed them good grain.
^^^^^:duh:you referring to girls or the topic at hand???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts