·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I would have bought it for $3000 if I had a spare engine lying around! I have to admit, I have been wondering why that boat hasn't sold. Just needs some color sanding and a little anodize work.

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have bought it for $3000 if I had a spare engine lying around! I have to admit, I have been wondering why that boat hasn't sold. Just needs some color sanding and a little anodize work.
I wanted this boat personally when he listed it but other things came up but when my buddy was looking for something similar I told him about this super clean boat that needed nothing but power. He is misrepresenting the boat. They came to an agreement and he drove 800 miles round trip. When he got there it was not as advertised. He called be pissed off as I would be too but I told him with a little work and some money it could be nice again. He offered him $3500 and he said no. Point is he is showing pics of the finish and interior in great shape and that is not the case. The carper is shot too!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wanted this boat personally when he listed it but other things came up but when my buddy was looking for something similar I told him about this super clean boat that needed nothing but power. He is misrepresenting the boat. They came to an agreement and he drove 800 miles round trip. When he got there it was not as advertised. He called be pissed off as I would be too but I told him with a little work and some money it could be nice again. He offered him $3500 and he said no. Point is he is showing pics of the finish and interior in great shape and that is not the case. The carper is shot too!

vmorton,

I would have bought it too for 3k. But here is where the issues came in. What was advertised and what was being sold were two different things. I spoke with the seller multiple times before leaving on an 800+ mile round trip to buy this boat. A price was agreed upon after discussions of the boat and off I went. Granted, I was not looking for a show perfect boat at that price, but i was looking for something that was similar to the posting he had up. When I got there I started to snap these pictures above only to show Bryan so he could see what I was seeing. I really was taken back. That is not just some oxidation, that is where the CLEAR coat if coming off the GEL coat. Yes clear coat. Then the interior is not shot, but again, not what the pictures stated. As for all the metal anodizing, I think we all know how long it last in the sun, but again, if i am going to list a boat for sale, I am not going to use pictures that do not represent the actual condition of the boat. At that time, I stated that I would still buy the boat, but not on the agreed price as the product was not what I agreed on. He said that I was wasting his time (HIS TIME). At that point, I decided not to waste any more of his time and left... with out the boat. So chalk it up to a learning experience, time, money, gas on my part. for him, we will see.

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
...... At that point, I decided not to waste any more of his time and left... with out the boat. So chalk it up to a learning experience, time, money, gas on my part. for him, we will see.
This is why you ALWAYS want to go look at the boat (or car, truck, engines etc...) in person. I don't wanna say all sellers lie, but I prefer the approach of "trust, but verify" for people I don't know. That 800 mile round trip is still better than overpaying for the boat sight unseen.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Beware of Dave in Vegas same shady deal.

I made the drive to Vegas from So. Cal. to buy a cleverly photoed boat from a guy named Dave. Same story as you guys, photos hard to get, complete stroke and waste of time and fuel. So when you see the Vegas, Red and White 20' Jet Boat with a 460 in it. Save the fuel its a total pile that barely runs.
So I just thought I would share some photos of what the boat really looks like and maybe spare you the time or 800 MILES!!!!! :no: Here is the seller link if you would like to compare ENJOY! :thumb: http://www.performanceboats.com/boats-sale/110704-21-bahner-4.html#post2351641 Now keep in mind we asked for more photos many times and never got them this is why....

·
Registered
331 Posts
I can relate, I drove 2400 miles round trip to buy an Advantage Sport Cat years ago in North Carolina. Clever Photos and a bunch of sweet talk from what I found out when I got there was a used car salesman. Looked at the boat for 5 min and just got back in the truck and left. Spackled over holes in the bottom of the boat, ripped interior, Gel so oxidized you could sand wood on it.

Never again.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Both Dominator and Scooter

ARE FULL OF SHIT!!!! DONT COME ON HERE BAD MOUTHING ME YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!! I NEVER MISREPRESENTED ANYTHING!!!! AND THE PHOTO THAT ARE ON THIS SITE AND RIVER DAVES site, SHOW THE FADING. I TOLD SCOTTY EVERYTHING ABOUT THE BOAT ON THE PHONE NUMEROUS TIMES. THE GUY MOST HAVE CALLED AND EMAILED 3XS A DAY FOR A WEEK, I'VE GOT the EMAILS TO PROVE IT. I SENT PICTURES BEFORE HE CAME OUT AND WHILE HE WAS IN SAN DIEGO. ( AND HE DIDNT TRAVEL 800 MILES TO COME SEE THIS BOAT!!!! , "per his Buddy Scotty" if thats who I was talking to. He said they were coming out to So Cal to PARTY with some friends and since they were out this way, they would come out to take a look at it. SO DONT MAKE IT SOUND LIKE YOU CAME ALL THIS WAY TO LOOK AT MY FUCKN BOAT ASSHAT!!!! I FUCN TOLD YOU WHAT SHAPE THE BOAT WAS IN. if YOU REMEMBER THE CONVERSATION IF YOU WERNT SO FUCKN DRUNK WHEN YOU CALLED, I said the boat wasn't perfect and it had some checking in some areas and the bow was fadding due to someone( previouse owner) had cleared the red at one time, I also said It would buff out but wouldnt be perfect. I told you it probably needed to be repainted or gel coated in the near future. I also said, if I were to keep it, I was going to make it make it in to a bow-rider which would take care or the major problem area. Maybe next time when you are looking for a boat, and you are on the computer you might want to sober up so you can remember the fucking conversation when you call. Oh and another thing Dominator never even came out and looked at the boat his buddy Scotty did. In his own word (Scotty)"My DOUCHEBAG buddy couldn't make it. We got really drunk last, met some hookers and he locked me out of my room, so I had to sleep in my truck." What a dick!!! Funny I remember you telling me you guys were married???? Wonder what your wives would have to say about that???? DICK! ( TRUE STORY ). Before you come on here trying to slam me you might want to get the facts straight!

And on a side note , I told Scotty I really hadn't any time to mess with the Boat the week he wanted to come and look at it as I was pressed for time as I was on my way to a 2 week vacation. The Motor was still in the boat and hadn't been cleaned up from the previous summer. Which I also explained. HE then said he would he would send a DEPOSITE of $500. for my time as he was serious about the boat( WHICH NEVER HAPPENED ), and I told him wasn't necessary but would make me feel better if he had. Next he wanted my CHECKING ACCOUNT # so he could wire it in to my funds. ( I don't know about you, but I always give my checking account # number to strangers) I told him I wasn't comfortable about that and said "send it through MONEY GRAM as I don't have a Pay Pal account, Its like $15.00 " he says OK no problem, I'll do it tomorrow. Next day comes and goes , NO MONEY, NO PHONE CALL, NO TEXT???? , I figured just another flake, He TEXT back the next day " Hey man that's expensive , it's like $ 40 bucks that a little high" I'm thinking to my self, dude really, really? It so happen to be $35 for that amount, but still??!! what ever cheap fucker talks me down and want everything for free???

OOOOOHHHHhhhhh and I forgot the best part, MY ASKING PRICE WAS $ 5300.00 .... OVER THE PHONE ( with out him even looking at the boat yet) I CAME DOWN TO $4500. THREW IN THE HEADERS, THE MOTOR PLATE, THE DRIVE LINE AND THE COVER FOR THE DRIVE LINE LOOP (aluminum deal) FOR FORTY FIVE HUNDRED!!!! AND I TOLD HIM I WILL NOT GO ANY LOWER, NOT EVEN A DOLLAR ....... SO DONT WASTE MY TIME, PERIOD. His response " NO PROBLEM , Thanks BUD!

This guy fucking wasted my time, yes I WAS pissed when he offered me $2300., I left him standing in my driveway as I closed the garage door on him. Fuck that GUY, I hope the two of you get an STD from the hookers you banged in SD.

PS, still selling the boat If you want to believe what these two douchebag say go ahead. I ve got more money in the pump and S.S. hardware than I'm asking for the boat and I have all receipts to prove it. I wouldn't trust either one of these guys........both of them used cars salesmen. AS THEY SAY ALWAYS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY?

·
Bass Lake Dream'n
3,082 Posts
The banging hookers and being married is what got me to hit the subscribe button. This might get even better.
I went with a buddy to look at a running boat with a just serviced trailer. Got there and one head was off and the trailer wheels were off. He wasn't there, but his kid said his dad went to the auto parts store for a head gasket and wheel bearings. We left right away.
Drive to Mesa Az from Corona Ca to look at a boat. Price was pretty much agreed upon. Ended up with a slight misunderstanding in the price, we both bent a little and I came home with the Mango Madness and he had some extra cash.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Oh, and your the guy that's asking.... what, $10k? for that yellow,orange and lime green pile of scorpion shit that you have had selling for years now. It's nothing but a bare hull. .... WTF??? DUDE you and your FAT man partner can take a flying leap. If maybe you would have gotten off that stinky hooker and maybe would have showed up and looked at that boat instead of talking shit., maybe you could say something. but other wise, FUCK OFF! :dumb_ass:

·
Registered
893 Posts
The banging hookers and being married is what got me to hit the subscribe button. This might get even better.
I went with a buddy to look at a running boat with a just serviced trailer. Got there and one head was off and the trailer wheels were off. He wasn't there, but his kid said his dad went to the auto parts store for a head gasket and wheel bearings. We left right away.
Drive to Mesa Az from Corona Ca to look at a boat. Price was pretty much agreed upon. Ended up with a slight misunderstanding in the price, we both bent a little and I came home with the Mango Madness and he had some extra cash.
Trust me it was nothing like a misunderstanding, I didn't bullshit anyone. I told him everything he asked and more . Someone else called the same week, I sent him the same pictures and explained to him the exact thing. He responded with "It's a little more than I want for gel coat work" I said to him, no problem. No bad mouthing NO BULLSHIT........honestly no reason for shit like that, Im trying to sell something and I get some dick that wasn't happy with my price...... You don't fucking want the boat, cool don't buy it. Don't make shit up because you didn't get goodwill give away. FUCKING hate assholes like these guys, because they couldn't get the price they want, IM THE DICK for not revealing something. WHICH WASNT THE CASE! Guy was pissed because I left him standing in the driveway as he insults me and wasted my time.

was hoping when HOT BOAT DIED so would all the BS. ......... Guess I was wrong

·
Registered
893 Posts
Maybe you'll get your cash if you part it out.... just a tho ught
Didn't really want to go that way, I even gave these guys an option to buy the boat with a different JG pump that didn't have as much work as this did. I told him $3500. with the other pump. which wasn't a bad deal. Trust me these guys knew what they were getting, they wanted the parts not the boat. I don't need to sell this, I was just done with the boat thing. I already pulled the motor, I have a friend thats been bugging me to sell him the pump. Would just rather sell it as a whole. Its too bad a couple of dick heads have to talk shit..... its a cool boat for someone...... Carma sucks! and so will the STDs I hope they get from the bitches they paid for in SD :wink2:

·
Registered
893 Posts
You guys should have seen the POS

He wanted to trade me for an older F-150 "prerunner" for 25.5K its basically a f-150 with a body lift with Walker Evans and mismatched 37 BFGs and a CB , Fuck tard!!! Geeeeez these guys pissed me off, he was like Baby Huey on downers. Hahhhaaa

1 - 20 of 42 Posts