Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and cousin want me to drop on a outboard. Im going to check the boat out this weekend. Pretty much its $1000 and we would be each pay like $333. What would an estimated cost to go through an outboard and freshen it up a bit. The seller is my buddy and his dad gave him the boat. My buddys dad said he went through the thing 2 years ago and it ran great. Its been sitting in my buddys driveway since then.

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
just check the compression and make sure everything is good and run the piss out of it no reason to rebuild it if its been sitting just make sure everything is good and go for it

·
Registered
413 Posts
Change the H2o impeller, Lower unit oil and clean the carbs if so equiped. What kinda motor? It will help w/ more specific answers.

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
Change the H2o impeller, Lower unit oil and clean the carbs if so equiped. What kinda motor? It will help w/ more specific answers.

yes i agree completely sorry i forget sometimes that the water pump isnt an annual thing for some people i do mine every season no matter what

·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. i will get more info on the motor this weekend. I have never worked on a outboard before so i know jack $hit about how to clean the carb or change the oil on them. Luckily i have a buddy in havasu that has an outboard shop. I will get back to you guys with the info soon

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys. i will get more info on the motor this weekend. I have never worked on a outboard before so i know jack $hit about how to clean the carb or change the oil on them. Luckily i have a buddy in havasu that has an outboard shop. I will get back to you guys with the info soon

whats shop is it i get mine doen there also in havasu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts