Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy got his offer accepted by the bank and he is now in the process of pulling the financing together for his trailer. Since he is not purchasing from a dealer, he is going to have to do the title and registration himself.

Has anybody ever done this? I guess he has to go to the DMV and do a VIN check and some other stuff?????? Any ideas on what will need to be done for this?

·
100% Pimp 50% of the Time
1,516 Posts
So my buddy got his offer accepted by the bank and he is now in the process of pulling the financing together for his trailer. Since he is not purchasing from a dealer, he is going to have to do the title and registration himself.

Has anybody ever done this? I guess he has to go to the DMV and do a VIN check and some other stuff?????? Any ideas on what will need to be done for this?
I've done this on my Rhino. He'll need a MCO (Manufacture Certificate Of Origination) If he can get it.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I buy Bank stuff all the time. You only get a MSO if it has never been registered/titled.

The bank or credit union he is dealing with should provide him with a title and a notarized lien release. Good to get a notarized bill of sale too. Just take those to the DMV and they will give you a new title. If it is from out of state then you may need to get it inspected, each state is a little different so a call to be sure you have everything in line is always a good idea.

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
Where did he find it?

I am looking for a 22' or less nice toy hauler and I want to score a great deal. (cash)

I had a line on a 05 WW FB22 that was really clean for 10,900 but the guy took a deposit the day before I called.:|err:mad::)

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Where did he find it?

I am looking for a 22' or less nice toy hauler and I want to score a great deal. (cash)

I had a line on a 05 WW FB22 that was really clean for 10,900 but the guy took a deposit the day before I called.:|err:mad::)
I can get you hooked into the dealer auction in San Diego if you are truly a buyer.

Things have been going real cheap. You can get a whole Class A with 40K miles on it for under 9K. :)sphss I saw 2 go for under 5K. Big 5th wheel WW were in the 15-17K range. Every auction is different.

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did he find it?

They are down at the Perris location just lined up waiting to be sold. It's the company that is liquidating them for the bank. Brand new.

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
They are down at the Perris location just lined up waiting to be sold. It's the company that is liquidating them for the bank. Brand new.
have they been advertising on the radio?

What model did he get?

What was MSRP and what did he score it for?

I am looking to stay under 15K and to be honest I think I would almost feel safer buying a used WW where all the bugs have been worked out vs. one with no warranty on a new unit.

Did he get a extra warranty? how much was that?

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
I can get you hooked into the dealer auction in San Diego if you are truly a buyer.

Things have been going real cheap. You can get a whole Class A with 40K miles on it for under 9K. :)sphss I saw 2 go for under 5K. Big 5th wheel WW were in the 15-17K range. Every auction is different.
I have cash in hand and am ready to buy anytime if the unit is nice and the price is right.:):)devil

Do you buy out of san diego? How often do you go?:)bulb

·
Registered
3,012 Posts

how much less $$$ are they now? That whole deal is a bummer! Mark always treated me great with my trailers.

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts

I did it once through AAA, and another time through an appointment at DMV.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I did it once through AAA, and another time through an appointment at DMV.
Call Auction Express in Placentia, ask for Carol. tell her Chris from Baja Off Road sent you (get ready for a ration of ***** she like to pick on me!!), this chick works miracles, and makes dealing with DMV shit a breeze. 714 572 2387

·
Registered
8,347 Posts

Has anybody ever done this? I guess he has to go to the DMV and do a VIN check and some other stuff?????? Any ideas on what will need to be done for this?[/quot
OOPS!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts