Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I'll start with if this has been covered a thousand times - sorry I did not find it>

That said does anybody know anybody who has actualy bought a magic hull?

I am trying find out what they are selling for and how they are equiped. I know somebody who is in a position to rig the boat them selves i.e. they have a drive & motor and are very capable of doing all the electronics etc. they would more than likely have somebody else do the interior.

The number we are trying to get is what a hull and trailer are SELLING for - I know we can ask the boys at Long Beach Yacht Sales (or what ever the name is) what they are asking for the boat - I'm just trying to see if a decent deal can be had if you showed up with cash in hand.

What is the actual price somebody has paid for a hull & trailer that needed to be riged? Any info would be great

And my apology if it is in another thread that I've missed.:)hand

·
Registered
660 Posts
OK I'll start with if this has been covered a thousand times - sorry I did not find it>

That said does anybody know anybody who has actualy bought a magic hull?

I am trying find out what they are selling for and how they are equiped. I know somebody who is in a position to rig the boat them selves i.e. they have a drive & motor and are very capable of doing all the electronics etc. they would more than likely have somebody else do the interior.

The number we are trying to get is what a hull and trailer are SELLING for - I know we can ask the boys at Long Beach Yacht Sales (or what ever the name is) what they are asking for the boat - I'm just trying to see if a decent deal can be had if you showed up with cash in hand.

What is the actual price somebody has paid for a hull & trailer that needed to be riged? Any info would be great

And my apology if it is in another thread that I've missed.:)hand
I tried very hard to buy one of those hulls but ended up buying a 2005 repo. The price listed for the hull you like is the price. Cash or credit, same price. They are selling the boats so they have no reason to lower the price. In fact, since they first began listing them the price has gone up.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried very hard to buy one of those hulls but ended up buying a 2005 repo. The price listed for the hull you like is the price. Cash or credit, same price. They are selling the boats so they have no reason to lower the price. In fact, since they first began listing them the price has gone up.

When you say tried very hard to buy one --- what was the problem? why could'nt you buy one?

·
Registered
660 Posts
When you say tried very hard to buy one --- what was the problem? why could'nt you buy one?
I found I could buy a used boat MUCH cheaper. I'm not one that needs brand new so used is not a big deal to me.

Some of the boats have holes in the tansome already some don't, some have wiring some don't. Some have all the hardware attached, some have it just finger tight. I even talked to a guy who was at the factory when they were clearing out the place and he told me he saw trailer hubs being put together without grease.

For me, I found there were too many unknowns to invest that kind of money. I live in South Carolina and getting firm cost was very hard. Maybe if you know someone that can go with you to see the boat you like you might have better luck.

The fact that the boats are selling but not flying out of there tells me it can be done...but it's not near the bargin I thought it would be when I started looking at them.

In a nut shell, I could have bought one. Had cash in hand (a severence check from getting canned after 26 years) but found it was not right for me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I do not see them selling now. They seemed to move at first, but I am seeing the same long list the last couple of months. If you do all the math and add up the cost to fully complete the boat, its really not a very good deal compared to the used market.

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
From what I hear, the question should be, "Did they build them with enough fiber glass".

How fast can you pop one out of the mold, put a HIN on it and have the flooring company pick up the tab?????

·
dragboatracer
18 Posts
why the magic boats aren't selling at long beach like they were is because magic and sleek are back in business and we are selling factory direct and have cut the overhead. You can buy a 28 deck for less than they were in 2006, and anybody that would pay 31,000 for a 2008 that sat in the sun and salt air for 2 years. Then pay 25,ooo for an ho motor and a grand to rig it and who knows how much misc to get it right. "to have a used 2008 magic deckboat that already needs interior " good deal !!!!!!! When you can buy a 2010 complete brand new with full warr. For high 70,000's thats why long beach isn't selling magics

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I think the reason for declining sales is most people wanted the deck boat models, not the Scepters. Once the deck boat models were all sold the Scepters just sat at the LBYS yards. I suspect a price drop ($25,000 ?) and the smell of springtime would help stimulate sales of the remaining Scepter's.

Using these older 2007/2008 hulls also give the purchaser an "out" around the smog motor issue faced on the 2009/2010 builds.

Cheers, Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts