Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for input. I guess the reason I do is stupid or a select few Don't understand ?? Why would I buy parts and tech from the fastest people in the world of jet boat racing ??? I'm never gonna be the fastest I know that !!! At the end of the day it works for us. Any input would be great so the haters will understand a little better. Or are they right & I'm a total dumb A$$ for doing it ?? Be easy on me I know I'm a lil slow. & for the haters hiding behind a keyboard I'm Craig Moss I live in Sapulpa Oklahoma. Let er rip it would be great to put this to bed... Thanks Craig

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Just looking for input. Why would I buy parts and tech from the fastest people in the world of jet boat racing ??? Thanks Craig
There's way more engine performance tech available than just from the world of jet boat racing ........
Browse through what some pro racers use on yellowbullet.com

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'm no racer (yet lol), but I've got a fairly simple answer why I use their tech. If it works, why re-invent the wheel? I'm no Van Horn, or Shoemaker, or Starkweather, or Manier, etc. So why not use their expertise to my advantage?

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
I'm not gonna slam any one in paticular here so no need for anyone to get all butt hurt.
Just dont always be a follower, Think for yourself. Dont always live your life as a monkey see monkey do guy. Be an individual. Once again , not talking to anyone in paticular. It just seems that the jetboat community as a whole cant think for themselves and always try to copy someone else's setup or they put this hardware just because so & so said thats how to do it.
THINK!
Dont be one of these guys!
fun pic 2.jpg

I as well will never be the fastest guy in the country. Mainly because I have absolutely no desire to be in an open boat going that fast. So with that being said I can be as fast/quick as I desire while thinking for myself. I also have a question from time to time but I don't ALWAYS say call XXX the Hero. Because believe it or not there are quite a few scattered across the country that know their sh-t when it comes to this stuff.
If you used the same logic in the car world then the only guys in the country that would get to build an engine/tranny/chassis would be just the ones that hold some BS record. :rolleyes: That's BS , there are good engine builders & chassis shops all over the country. Same with the jets.

You wont find this level of BS with the car guys. If Joe-Shmoe shows up with a spoiler on his hood and wins this sunday doesn't mean that there will be 30 cars in the pits with spoilers on the hood next weekend. They are a little smarter than that and think for themselves.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Again, not a racer....

For me, I get to boat only a handful of times a year and of times, I don’t want (nor does my wife want me to) spend those days wrenching and dinking with the boat yet I want to at least have the boat setup close to where it needs to be.

At 5 days of boating a year, it would take me a lifetime to discover/learn what the guys mentioned (as well as you guys) already know or have discovered. So, I would prefer to get the advice from an expert and stick with it even if it comes at a price. It’s really that simple............john

ps...and don't get me wrong, I love to work on the boat myself but, I have months of crummy weather to do just that in the shop. Not for the few nice days on the water in the summer

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Again, not a racer....

For me, I get to boat only a handful of times a year and of times, I don’t want (nor does my wife want me to) spend those days wrenching and dinking with the boat yet I want to at least have the boat setup close to where it needs to be.

At 5 days of boating a year, it would take me a lifetime to discover/learn what the guys mentioned (as well as you guys) already know or have discovered. So, I would prefer to get the advice from an expert and stick with it even if it comes at a price. It’s really that simple............john

ps...and don't get me wrong, I love to work on the boat myself but, I have months of crummy weather to do just that in the shop. Not for the few nice days on the water in the summer
Man, that sucks for you. Sorry to hear that. I boat all summer, 6-10 times a week. Usually just pleasure boating around the beachs, sometimes fishing , and the once in a while in the jet. But its a priority with me.

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
There's way more engine performance tech available than just from the world of jet boat racing ........
Browse through what some pro racers use on yellowbullet.com
I'm not talking HP but thank you!!

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Man, that sucks for you. Sorry to hear that. I boat all summer, 6-10 times a week. Usually just pleasure boating around the beachs, sometimes fishing , and the once in a while in the jet. But its a priority with me.
Welcome to Washington...... Crummy weather and endless boating in saltwater.... freshwater is a bit harder to come by

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not gonna slam any one in paticular here so no need for anyone to get all butt hurt.
Just dont always be a follower, Think for yourself. Dont always live your life as a monkey see monkey do guy. Be an individual. Once again , not talking to anyone in paticular. It just seems that the jetboat community as a whole cant think for themselves and always try to copy someone else's setup or they put this hardware just because so & so said thats how to do it.
THINK!
Dont be one of these guys!
View attachment 230242

I as well will never be the fastest guy in the country. Mainly because I have absolutely no desire to be in an open boat going that fast. So with that being said I can be as fast/quick as I desire while thinking for myself. I also have a question from time to time but I don't ALWAYS say call XXX the Hero. Because believe it or not there are quite a few scattered across the country that know their sh-t when it comes to this stuff.
If you used the same logic in the car world then the only guys in the country that would get to build an engine/tranny/chassis would be just the ones that hold some BS record. :rolleyes: That's BS , there are good engine builders & chassis shops all over the country. Same with the jets.

You wont find this level of BS with the car guys. If Joe-Shmoe shows up with a spoiler on his hood and wins this sunday doesn't mean that there will be 30 cars in the pits with spoilers on the hood next weekend. They are a little smarter than that and think for themselves.
Why do you run turbo's ?? We have "follwed" the fastest proven tech due to what I was doing myself
had us limited. I'm a total dumb a$$ when it comes to set up. And to compound the problem I have a dear friend that drives and pay's the bills. It's a good feeling to have a person that tells me do this and this will happen, instead of let's give this a Try & see what happens. That scares the shit out of me.As for snake oil that's total bull shit. I don't want this thread to turn into a pissing match. I just want to shed some light on this suject. I could pull 2 plug wires & run as good as we did in the past Take care & thanks for the input Craig

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm no racer (yet lol), but I've got a fairly simple answer why I use their tech. If it works, why re-invent the wheel? I'm no Van Horn, or Shoemaker, or Starkweather, or Manier, etc. So why not use their expertise to my advantage?
Interesting and a good point Thank you Craig

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
For me it's all about the costumer service and craftsmanship. Some guys get it and sum guys don't. The guys that I deal with have all been great at what they do but some are alittle better at some things than others. If that makes since :p

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Why do you run turbo's ??
Because it is different and I was thinking for myself. There was several threads on here with the haters saying that the turbo stuff wouldn't work for one reason or another. There was one particular quote were one of the "Heros" said that "an NOS boat will always mop the floor with a turbo boat, always" I look back at some of those threads from time to time and get a little chuckle.
Why are you running blown alky instead of making an exact copy of the NOS burning engine that your guy runs? He's faster than you isn't he? If your gonna copy, hell you might as well go all in.

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
Here's make take on this subject. I'm a part time racer in S/E bracket. I don't have a huge budget so every dime I spend has to be worth the money. For the average guy like myself that's working everyday to keep his real life financed and balancing trips to the grocery store and cheerleading competions with time in the shop and time in the seat its easier and more time/cost effective to use these guys that know. I'm not saying that I haven't gone out of my comfort zone and experimented with my set up but my knowledge and experience can only take me so far. Why not ask the experts? They do it for a living.

I don't mind paying a little for hardware and tech advice that is proven. And many times these so called "snake oil salesmen" will tell you what you need to know for free, or if you have any reading comprehension skills at all, you can read the advice they offer on here everyday free of charge.

My.02

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Because it is different and I was thinking for myself. There was several threads on here with the haters saying that the turbo stuff wouldn't work for one reason or another. There was one particular quote were one of the "Heros" said that "an NOS boat will always mop the floor with a turbo boat, always" I look back at some of those threads from time to time and get a little chuckle.
Why are you running blown alky instead of making an exact copy of the NOS burning engine that your guy runs? He's faster than you isn't he? If your gonna copy, hell you might as well go all in.
Once again let's not turn this into a pissing mtch. So I'm glad you were the first one to try turbo's. Why do you have the keel you have ? Everyone uses what works for them. We just pay more for shipping. I have a fuel guy out of state no one seems to mind.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Once again let's not turn this into a pissing mtch. So I'm glad you were the first one to try turbo's. Why do you have the keel you have ? Everyone uses what works for them. We just pay more for shipping. I have a fuel guy out of state no one seems to mind.
I run my keel because it is what I believe works best for my situation.
I have answered two of your questions now, and you haven't answered mine yet.
With this quote being out there
Nitrous and jetboats work really well together (proven fact) and at the end of the day a nitrous jetboat will mop the floor with a turbo jet guaranteed.
Why aren't you guys following his lead, go NOS and go kick info's ass ?:wink2:
I mean if He's always right when it comes to this jet stuff, it wouldn't be a problem correct? :stir:

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I run my keel because it is what I believe works best for my situation.
I have answered two of your questions now, and you haven't answered mine yet.
With this quote being out there

Why aren't you guys following his lead, go NOS and go kick info's ass ?:wink2:
I mean if He's always right when it comes to this jet stuff, it wouldn't be a problem correct? :stir:
Not trying to out run anyone. If I wnted my ass hnded to me on silver platter I would race Ron .Just trying to have fun. I don't like spray. I've burnt plenty of it. Just because he said something that pissed you don't men anything to me. I woud like to keep names out of this. There are a few that are pissed due to Ron & I using proven tech from Cali.. Everyone does it in one way or another. I just wan't to know why they have the red ass ?? & why WE re getting bad tastepm's from them hiding behind a keyboard. My thinking is this may help them understand. So how long did it tke to build the first turbo ???

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Not trying to out run anyone. If I wnted my ass hnded to me on silver platter I would race Ron .Just trying to have fun. I don't like spray. I've burnt plenty of it. Just because he said something that pissed you don't men anything to me. I woud like to keep names out of this. There are a few that are pissed due to Ron & I using proven tech from Cali.. Everyone does it in one way or another. I just wan't to know why they have the red ass ?? & why WE re getting bad tastepm's from them hiding behind a keyboard. My thinking is this may help them understand. So how long did it tke to build the first turbo ???
Don't know, Mark had the first jet with a turbo deal in it.So He'll have to answer that question. 540cid , EFI, 1850hp, all aluminum. But He wasn't fast according to the haters.

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't know, Mark had the first jet with a turbo deal in it.So He'll have to answer that question. 540cid , EFI, 1850hp, all aluminum. But He wasn't fast according to the haters.
Follower:))eek:)) But I have no problem with it. It was the right thing to do for you & no one should talk smack about that !!! The entire reason I started this thread was to make that point. His snake oil works great. I do understant that you don't use efi like he does. But that's beside the point. It's all about $$ but it's my $$ & I should be able to spend it where I wish without being looked at as an a$$ hole or a dumb A$$ which I'm both but that's beside the point:thumb:

1 - 20 of 250 Posts