Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so long bahner..just sold and left the campsite..nice to meet you tom and ron..good luck and have fun with the boat..if you ever come this way let me know and hopefully we will see you on the river sometime.:)

Attachments

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
:))eek:)) :))eek:)) :))eek:)) :))eek:)) :))eek:)) :))eek:)) :))eek:)) :))eek:)) :))eek:)) :))eek:))

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

You sold the boat that you searched for all that time????? You only had it for like a month or so!!!!!

Did you not like it or something? Was it just not you?

I hope you made some money out of the deal!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Congrats on the sale with the way the market is right now.

Too bad you decided to sell it after all the work you put into
finding it.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. just want to get something different, like a hull that handles the chop better and runs on pump gas, or we are thinking of getting jet skis. dont know for sure. we already miss big river..i made the guy a good deal..

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
You know I heard that a tunnel hull handles chop alot better than a semi-V hull.;)
Good job on the quick sale!

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was there a test drive before buying your boat?
no test drive i backed it down the ramp and fired it on ther trailer in the water so they could watch the gauges and hear it run. we took in alot of water with rollers from the parker strip. just to rough and busy to go out..

i keep hearing that tunnels are better in chop also. i kinda like the 19' ultra in the spam section. i spoke with a guy that has one and he said he loves his over the semi v. he said he had to go that route due to having a bad back, so they must be better...never owned one..hows yours going good luck dawg...:D

·
Registered
823 Posts
Whatever you do get another boat. DO NOT BUY JET SKIS!!! YOU WILL HATE IT. Jet Skis equal no room for gear, beach chairs, people, etc. I would recoomend a 20-21 foot jet boat cruiser with either an open or closed bow. This will provide enough room for your gear and people. If you think you got beat up in your little jet try riding back to the marina with big rollers on jet skis. Seriously think about it. Jet skis are an extra item that you have your kids ride out to a cove. Get another boat-this time get a cruiser with more freeboard and space. DON'T MAKE JET SKIS YOUR PRIMARY WATER TRANSPORTATION. I'M BEGGING YOU WE DO NOT NEED MORE OF THOSE ON THE WATER RIGHT NOW.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whatever you do get another boat. DO NOT BUY JET SKIS!!! YOU WILL HATE IT. Jet Skis equal no room for gear, beach chairs, people, etc. I would recoomend a 20-21 foot jet boat cruiser with either an open or closed bow. This will provide enough room for your gear and people. If you think you got beat up in your little jet try riding back to the marina with big rollers on jet skis. Seriously think about it. Jet skis are an extra item that you have your kids ride out to a cove. Get another boat-this time get a cruiser with more freeboard and space. DON'T MAKE JET SKIS YOUR PRIMARY WATER TRANSPORTATION. I'M BEGGING YOU WE DO NOT NEED MORE OF THOSE ON THE WATER RIGHT NOW.
ok i understand you opinion on no more lake lice.. i have a 24' laser mid cuddy open bow as my primary boat. the jet or skis are just for the river and to have fun, also no children. i am 41 yo i have owned jet skis before, they would only be to have fun thats all...thanks for you concern.:)

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
For chop, the tunnel hull theory is rock solid and makes perfect sense because they have 2 thin v-shaped hulls that do not absorb as much energy, and cut through the waves. Also because of the gap between them, the wave is allowed to continue underneath the boat with less interruption. I've also always heard that the 20' and 21' boats handle the chop better than the smaller 18' and 19' boats. So, if your looking for the smoothest ride in a jet, it would make the most sense to get a 21' tunnel hull.:)bulb

Good luck on your next boat hunt!:D

:)hand

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope he had ocd. J/K:)grn I know it's tuff to have 2 boats-n-shit.
actually the guy loves the name on the boat because it describes him also ,, his words.. kinda funny i thought i was the only ocd boat guy in the world..ya its tuff takes 2 hours to move the rv, 2 boats and set up everything oh well only live once..

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For chop, the tunnel hull theory is rock solid and makes perfect sense because they have 2 thin v-shaped hulls that do not absorb as much energy, and cut through the waves. Also because of the gap between them, the wave is allowed to continue underneath the boat with less interruption. I've also always heard that the 20' and 21' boats handle the chop better than the smaller 18' and 19' boats. So, if your looking for the smoothest ride in a jet, it would make the most sense to get a 21' tunnel hull.:)bulb

Good luck on your next boat hunt!:D

:)hand
hj i want to know where you get your info at such a early age, cause at 41 i want to look there too.. you always make me laugh..keep up the good work do you have that sled in the water yet, maybe you should buy a tunnel..,.still on river drinking beer and enjoying boating. 108 today gotta love it....:D

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
After all these guys here poured their souls into helpin' you name the boat... Ya sell out???..Oh well is just internet land.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After all these guys here poured their souls into helpin' you name the boat... Ya sell out???..Oh well is just internet land.
actually the name was already thought of, but i did get a great response. people always say that there going to sell their soul to the devil..i am already on the internet talking to people about there stuff for sale..:D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
actually the name was already thought of, but i did get a great response. people always say that there going to sell their soul to the devil..i am already on the internet talking to people about there stuff for sale..:D
I'll sell ya my junker!:D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
hj i want to know where you get your info at such a early age, cause at 41 i want to look there too.. you always make me laugh..keep up the good work do you have that sled in the water yet, maybe you should buy a tunnel..,.still on river drinking beer and enjoying boating. 108 today gotta love it....:D
I'm like a big sponge for information. And I really like to learn, so I pick things up everywhere I go. I love trying to figure out how things work and what makes em work. But, I mostly try to BS my way through life.:D

Nope still dry. Plus, it rained yesterday and today.:(

I sure am glad it doesn't get that hot out this way. I think it stayed in the mid 70's here today.:p

Again, good luck on the boat hunt.:D

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm like a big sponge for information. And I really like to learn, so I pick things up everywhere I go. I love trying to figure out how things work and what makes em work. But, I mostly try to BS my way through life.:D

Nope still dry. Plus, it rained yesterday and today.:(

I sure am glad it doesn't get that hot out this way. I think it stayed in the mid 70's here today.:p

Again, good luck on the boat hunt.:D
thats cool, that you like to learn alot. its called useless knowledge in my opinion. i have the same thing. i do very well at jeopardy. which to me is useless knowledge..bs no not you.:)..i like it hot......i call it 100 and stupid when its over 105..my g/f thinks you have good manors and a way with words when she reads the post..:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts