Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I tell what size cable i have as in 33 0r 43 serise size.
I need to order thru hull cable seals and do not knw what to order. the cabele is for my reverse gate and seems to be smaller diamiter than a diverter cable.
it seems to be the same as the red cable in this pic. I also need seals to fit the calg cable jackets.......Hal

Attachments

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
33 series cables have 10-32 threads on the inner core. 43 series have 1/4-28. Both of your cables should be 43 series as that is what Place uses and is the normal size for a Berkeley forward/reverse.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the 43 a smaller diameter outer jacket than the 33?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Hal nearly all modern jets (except OE Jacuzzi which use 33's ) use "43" series cables for trim and Fwd Rev controls The cables you show in the pic (of Squirts boat) (red vs Black) differ in size due to both manufacturer and the evolution of cable manufacturing the older red Morse had a beefy outer jacket sheath while most of the newer 43 series cables are signifantly smaller OD . the later cables can be modified to fit the seals better with a small section of heat shrink applied in the area where they pass thru the seal , also there are now small OD packings available to compensate Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts