Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have some install tips or pictures of a Calgo Steering set up? Or could someone lead me to a nice thread that already exists. I searched and found nothing. This is going in a 19' Shadow.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
X2. I need some help with mine too

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'd like to run everything out of the transom plates (shift cable, calgo cables, Place Diverter lines). Anyone opinions? I've heard that its better to mount the cable seals as high up the transom as possible. Is this true and why?

Many of the tunnels I see have them coming out over the rub rail. Im guessing its to keep it even. I could make a arm that mounts them lower right?? Do the cables need to be perfectly straight or can their be any angle?

These are what I was planning to use #456-116 Marine 33C Cable Brackets, Mercruiser cable brackets, Connections, o-ring stainless steel cable Seals

This is kinda what I want but mounted in the plates, like the 2nd pic. No more unnecessary holes in the boat:((((((
View attachment 166716

View attachment 166717

Pats Fiberglass is doing some repair work and I'd like to fill up some holes before they respray the transom.

Here's a picture of my old set up. I'm probably going to run all of my bilge pump and water dumps on one side too. I don't like the way they look now (spaced out). If I decide to go pop off, I don't really like how where they are.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Cool! That's pretty similar top what Im thinking in my head. How come you didn't leave any excess cable rolled up? I thought your supposed to give yourself a few feet?

Did you make those Place Diverter lines yourself? I like them! Probably much cheaper than buying the ones from PD. What size fittings did you use?

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
This probably doesnt help much but years ago (Cyclone) did a write up in HB on installing one step by step on his boat. Dont know if you can look up old articles in HB but if you could it would be a huge help...

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Cool! That's pretty similar top what Im thinking in my head. How come you didn't leave any excess cable rolled up? I thought your supposed to give yourself a few feet?

Did you make those Place Diverter lines yourself? I like them! Probably much cheaper than buying the ones from PD. What size fittings did you use?
Thats all the extra cable that I had without cutting back any of the sheath,because it was a used unit. I had some more slack on the inside of the boat, but wasnt ready to commit to the loss of sheath, because I was playing with some ideas.
Yes I did make the diverter lines Myself And Yes it is alot cheaper than the Place kit. I used -4 lines , -4 AN fitting and -4 AN bulkhead fittings....Hal

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This probably doesnt help much but years ago (Cyclone) did a write up in HB on installing one step by step on his boat. Dont know if you can look up old articles in HB but if you could it would be a huge help...

That sucks. I can't believe they deleted all the info from there. The archives that I have found don't have much and all the pictures are not in the threads anyways.:bangmyhead::))ThumbsDwn

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats all the extra cable that I had without cutting back any of the sheath,because it was a used unit. I had some more slack on the inside of the boat, but wasnt ready to commit to the loss of sheath, because I was playing with some ideas.
Yes I did make the diverter lines Myself And Yes it is alot cheaper than the Place kit. I used -4 lines , -4 AN fitting and -4 AN bulkhead fittings....Hal
Cool. Thanks for the info on the diverter lines. I am defiantly going to do this. It didn't make sense to buy the place kit anyways as its meant to go through the transom so I wouldnt need some of the parts as Im mounting everything to the plate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts