Performance Boats Forum banner

Cali considers banning big screen TV's

5K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  baja1000 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
The link doesn't really work, but a few more clicks and we can get it. why doesn't it surprise me that California is doing this? How do you ban a consumer product? Similar to the SUV's and the gas tax they can't ban the TV's, but they will settle for an added luxury tax or fee when you purchase one.

#6 ·
What next.... electric cars?:)st I don't know how you guys put up with that crap out there.

#7 ·
#9 ·
why not, they've taken the cars, they've taken the guns, they'll take the TV's, then what next?

when will it be enough that we realize the govt has grown too powerful and needs to be taken down a few pegs.

#10 ·
As much as I hate all this regulations stuff, you guys are getting bent out of shape about this one. CA just wants flat panel sets that use less energy, for those that don't know, all of the 08 and newer plasmas/LCD's all ready meet these regulations. And the new plasmas and LCD's coming out will use even less power.

Now the car thing, that is just getting out of control.

#12 ·
Well the sad thing is, it's just a start!!!!
The government wants to put taxes on Soda because it is linked to obesity. The Government/environmentalist wants to add more tax to gas to raise the price up and cause us to be unable to afford to drive our boats and vehicles, the list goes on.​

#15 ·
I can kinda see trying to get more energy efficient flat screen's. Have you ever noticed the amount of heat they throw off ? We have a 50 Pioneer Elite thats mounted pretty low in a built in. We try to keep the little ones away from it..... its down right HOT to the touch.

#19 ·
Not as bad as the new legislation proposed by some other scumbag liberal wack job that all houses built in the state must have a net ZERO energy use.:)sphss:)sphss

The proposal is that all homes be energy efficient and solar powered to the point that they are self sufficient.

liberals are idiots:)sphss:)sphss:)hand

#23 · (Edited)
oh ya forgot about that one.

They want each new house built to be independant of the grid. Its Mandatory. And the buyer has to pay for it. :|err Thats big $$$ on each unit. At a time when real estate is in the toilet. Great timing on their part.

small business is dying in this state now they want to kill it for good.

So in the last 3 months the State has proposed significant legislation to kill small business in trucking and home building and raised the sales tax which hurts all retailers. Who/what is next?

I tell ya. They won't be happy in Sacramento until business in this state has come to a halt

Agreed. The same clowns in Sacramento who propose this stuff keep getting re-elected by a significant margin. :|err

When are we going to stop blaming the government. We are the ones who elected these idiots. I hope the people in this State are finally seeing the light and will vote these fools out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.