Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://dailydose.righthealth.com/drug-related/california-institutes-statewide-prescription-drug-monitoring/

In another attempt to protect people from themselves your private medical records will now be available to law enforcement officers. They will instantly be able to see what medications you are prescribed. In my mind that instantly gives them the ability to figure out what your medical conditions are. I can see making it available to your healthcare provider to make sure you are not getting the same rx filled from 10 different doctors. :|err

·
Registered
991 Posts
What CRAP! I can see the database for healthcare profession, but not for LE w/o a subpoena or warrant.....Seems like another bandaid overreaction for a perceived problem where existing laws suffice, but are not newsworthy!!

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I'm not at all sure that this will be in compliance with federal HIPPA privacy regs.

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not at all sure that this will be in compliance with federal HIPPA privacy regs.
I am not sure either, I guess I will have to look in to that. I am not sure how they think your medical history will be private when they can find out what you are being treated for.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I think it might be a good thing for the cops. Maybe to find out if the person has AIDS or HEPC before they handle them. Maybe to find out what prescription drugs the person is supposed to have and not. Maybe to see if they have a mental condition before walking into a situation. The cops have alot of information as it is so what would be the difference here.?
I dont like big goverment, but I cant see this hurting the public in any way.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
I think it might be a good thing for the cops. Maybe to find out if the person has AIDS or HEPC before they handle them. Maybe to find out what prescription drugs the person is supposed to have and not. Maybe to see if they have a mental condition before walking into a situation. The cops have alot of information as it is so what would be the difference here.?
I totally disagree. My medical records are no one's business but my own.

Law enforcement has plenty of procedures in place to act accordingly and I'd wager most LEO's would want their own records kept private as well so they would never support such abuse of persoanl rights.

This is a major right that needs to be protected to the bitter end.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Yea, I mean they handle crack heads, heroine addicts, ice, meth heads, coke heads, etc etc. They really need to know who is taking too many valiums! ;)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Read what I wrote. Whats in your medical history that needs to be hidden from law inforcement, they allready know if your a gun owner? Its not like your employer is asking. Whats to hide from the police when they can find out alot about you anyway?
If I had to enter a house and had access to know that the person insides medical history it could help all involved. What if that person had no previous criminal history, but was clinicly crazy? So I would know that they have mental issues and could act accordingly ( like tazing then instead of shooting them;)) .
Laugh at the prescription drug analogy all you want, its about as big as if not bigger than hard drug use nowdays. Kids get and sell whats easy.
I think Im wasting my time on this.:)hand

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
I think Im wasting my time on this.:)hand
If you are trying to convert me over to your way of thinking, you are right! :)hand

I figure they have enough information to process already.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
The point is making your medical information public. It's not like the police would be the only agency with access. For more to the whole deal. And there is no advantage worth giving up freedom and personal privacy.

R

·
0 Posts
With all due respect to cops, they have enough on their hands trying to figure out who to shoot and who not to shoot. Now they're gonna try and diagnose my medical condition at the same time? :)sphss

Whats next, your credit report? :)grn

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Always resist tyranny - and that's exactly what this sort of crap is....

Resist the Police State!
Hard to tell which side the police state is coming from. The typical Liberal O supporter has been blasting the "Establishment" and police state for decades. Ayers and others loath the police. Yet now the police state is from this very same side trying to control our actions/voices and rights to assemble along with trying to gather all our personal infromation.

Care to comment TH, as you seem to be a cross between "2 eras" so to speak.....

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
The point is making your medical information public. It's not like the police would be the only agency with access. For more to the whole deal. And there is no advantage worth giving up freedom and personal privacy.
Very good point. :)bulb

With all due respect to cops, they have enough on their hands trying to figure out who to shoot and who not to shoot. Now they're gonna try and diagnose my medical condition at the same time? :)sphss

Whats next, your credit report? :)grn
That was the point I was trying to make. ;)

There are many things wrong with this. What is next? Your cell phone records? How many guns you have? How much beer you charge in you charge card? :)sphss

1 - 16 of 16 Posts