Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about venturing out this year with less Havasu.. whats your opinion on the best tent camping/RV place. Keeping in mind good water, Atmosphere for kids/ Launching/overnight mooring.... etc..

Thinking about Memorial weekend

Thanks!!:)hand

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
I think Tower Park/KOA is probably the best place for camping especially with kids. The down fall is the launch ramp pretty much sucks especially for a bigger boat. I'd suggest using the tractor service to launch should you decide to go.
The campground has a pool, built in spa, outdoor Friday and Saturday night movies, a playground, restaurant and little store.
If you're thinking Memorial Day, you better get on it as most places fill up pretty fast. We make our reservations a year in advance but then again, we usually get 35+ campsites.
You can get an idea of what the Tower Park campsites are like here-
http://www.laidbackboaters.com/id54.htm

just click on most any link under the Tower Park section. When you see the group pictures at the campground, that's where they put up the blow up movie screen for the movies.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have to agree with Cas, he's right on with his post. Use the tractor service for launching, it's much easier when it's a busy weekend.

·
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
783 Posts
B&W Has nice launch and cabins right on water, keep boat in slip in front of cabins. The cabins remind me of 1960's styles:)devil

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, thanks for the help. I will check out the links.

Dave

·
Registered
408 Posts
Thinking about venturing out this year with less Havasu.. whats your opinion on the best tent camping/RV place. Keeping in mind good water, Atmosphere for kids/ Launching/overnight mooring.... etc..

Thinking about Memorial weekend

Thanks!!:)hand
Where are you coming from?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where are you coming from?
So. Cal. Simi Valley... Grew up on Havasu Waters... We also go to Nacimiento once in a Blue Moon..

I will be at the Desert Storm again this year, but thought we would finally try the delta after alot of people consistently telling me how fun it is.

·
Registered
408 Posts
You will have one heck of a trip coming from there. Get a map of the delta.There is somthing like a thousand miles of water way.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You will have one heck of a trip coming from there. Get a map of the delta.There is somthing like a thousand miles of water way.

Ya.. were looking at Snug harbor. I have GPS on board, but I would definitely get a map. Any issues with water depth in that area?

Thanks for all the Info..

·
Got to get In da Wind
821 Posts
Good Info. Wife and I are also looking for a place to stay on the Delta. Can't take the Motorhome and Boat (too long) so we need a place with the cabins and hopefully a restraunt - wife doesn't want to cook on vacation. Tower Park and Snug Harbor both on the short list but all we got to go by is the web sites.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The rule of thumb is to stay in the center.You will see what appears to look like a lake, that looks good lets go cruise over there .It may only be about one to two feet deep. your map should have depth charts on it. Most of the canals are good.Just beware of the open areas.the gps is a good Idea ,it will really help.

·
Registered
615 Posts
When are you planning on coming? Chances are some of the Delta Lunch Bunch will be out. Good group of people that like to party and know there way around the delta very well. If you stay at Snug harbor, and you carry enough fuel; make the trip up to Old town Sacramento. There is fuel along the way but it can be hard to find 91 octane. Give the DLB a heads up when you decide to come up and I am sure we might be able to put together a greeting commitee.
Tommy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts