Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Shifty Racing
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out with Bill Scotten a week ago and he mentioned that next month he will have been in business for 30 years! I asked if he was gonna put something together and of coarse he said "Naw thats not my thing". Which made me think :)bulb its about that time to get the "Party on the Beach" aka CP Regatta together (i think thats what they called it). I figure its the least we could do for the 30th year in buisness. I was thinking Aha, or Big River? Just brain storming. Anyone have ideas, or up for it?

-Davey

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Get something on the books. I'll try to make it. Aha is a pretty good location.

While we're at it, why doesn't someone start a Gullwing thread, like the 19' Daytona splash thread.

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover:D

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
So I was out with Bill Scotten a week ago and he mentioned that next month he will have been in business for 30 years! I asked if he was gonna put something together and of coarse he said "Naw thats not my thing". Which made me think :)bulb its about that time to get the "Party on the Beach" aka CP Regatta together (i think thats what they called it). I figure its the least we could do for the 30th year in buisness. I was thinking Aha, or Big River? Just brain storming. Anyone have ideas, or up for it?

-Davey
Big river would be perfect they have a public ramp and peeps from parker would be closer to all the fun, better call bill and have him open his wallet this time, you do know he has aplace on the river,where we could all hang out at too
Hi Buddy:)hand party at Bills

·
Shifty Racing
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big river would be perfect they have a public ramp and peeps from parker would be closer to all the fun, better call bill and have him open his wallet this time, you do know he has aplace on the river,where we could all hang out at too
I think Big River would be the best spot cause the Aha, and Lost Lake crew can drive up and the people who dont have a trailer or place to stay can get rooms in town or at Big River Inn. And believe me Bill wont get money out! But he'll show up. :D

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Thats far for you guys. You would have to leave the bubble.

I vote aha, we can do whatever we want in the bubble.

·
Banned
540 Posts
Bill does have his moments, but so do we all. :D ;)

Try to get something together for August as far as a CP Regatta. The first one I went to at Aha was cool, but I've camped at BR many times and it would work also. So would the Upper Cove at LL. RR :)hand

·
on 3 go.....
846 Posts
Fast Boat regatta

Holiday weekends suck for going fast on the river. Needles to Blythe. Tooo many #$%^&!

But....an "off" weekend in the lagoon would rock for a hot boat gathering!

·
Shifty Racing
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats far for you guys. You would have to leave the bubble.

I vote aha, we can do whatever we want in the bubble.
Aha was fun last year but it sucked if you didnt have a place at Aha, it was a long haul. I think the cove above Lost Lake would be perfect. Plus Big River has alot of motels or place to stay. We'll get an idea and see how many people want to go to Aha or Big River. Im thinkin the Big River bubble. And definetly not a holiday weekend. Let get a date and do this :)devil

·
Banned
540 Posts
Ya we'll call Bill a few days before and let him know were putting together a regatta for him!
He's already aware that something is afoot for later on in the summer. Just talked to him this morning. RR

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
you guys need to keep this deal although in the early stages of planning, on the low down, otherwise the law is gonna swarm on it! just something to think about

·
Shifty Racing
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
YUP YUP what he said. I also vote Big River
Ya exactly! We wont put anyones name on it, and it can just be a gathering of gullwings. I dont even think last year was an official "regatta". No one wants that liabilty, who knows what can happen when 6th st meets Red cup racing in the Big River bubble! :D Hey RR did Bill say he was putting something together, or is he just leaving it up to the boys on the forums..... as usual

·
6TH STREET TERROR 4 HIRE
797 Posts
Ya exactly! We wont put anyones name on it, and it can just be a gathering of gullwings. I dont even think last year was an official "regatta". No one wants that liabilty, who knows what can happen when 6th st meets Red cup racing in the Big River bubble! :D Hey RR did Bill say he was putting something together, or is he just leaving it up to the boys on the forums..... as usual

Might have to get a DODGEBALL :)bulbgame going then break out the shot glasses:)hand:):)punch:D

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Might have to get a DODGEBALL :)bulbgame going then break out the shot glasses:)hand:):)punch:D
or...................since we'd be at the river, maybe the boats could ya know get launched into the river and actually driven rather than playing ball. just a thought.

·
6TH STREET TERROR 4 HIRE
797 Posts
or...................since we'd be at the river, maybe the boats could ya know get launched into the river and actually driven rather than playing ball. just a thought.

Now thats why I like you..Your always on top of stuff...GOOD THINKING

1 - 20 of 76 Posts