Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite the fact the Californian's pay the highest combined taxes in the country, both Dems and Republican's in the State Assembly are prepared to increase taxes - right in the middle of a deep recession!!

*California Gov't has doubled in size in the last 10 years? Why is that? Has the population doubled? Nope...

Private companies are laying off left and right, but I've heard barely anything about shrinking government....

No sacrifices for the government - as usual they are going to sacrifice you instead!

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
Yup the good 'ole Government feels that they need the money more that the public does.
Asssholes!!!!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
So you listen to John and Ken too? :D

I have sent letters to all the republicans and am now working on the Demos...Telling them all to handle the state budget like it was your family's...if you don't have the money, you quit going out to eat...stop the raping of those who do work...AND if you don't pass a balanced budget on time (like the LAW says) you don't draw a paycheck!!!

FIRE THEM ALL!!!!!:|err

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Im going to start running my life the way the Dems run our government. Im going to tell my boss tomorrow that he has to give me a raise and that from now on I have 13 paid holidays, not 6. Oh yeah, I get a pension now too.

·
Happy Member
1,398 Posts
Im going to start running my life the way the Dems run our government. Im going to tell my boss tomorrow that he has to give me a raise and that from now on I have 13 paid holidays, not 6. Oh yeah, I get a pension now too.
You might want to rethink that!!!!!!!:D:D

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
You forgot the free health care, and the free car!
Oh yeah, the gas card! Free gas for the boat and a cell phone too!

This place is going to hell.

Anyone know-Can they just pass higher taxes or does this need to go on the ballot?

·
Been here a while
610 Posts
The system is so F'ed.

I kid you not when I say im scared shitless about my future. Im a recent college graduate, hoping to get married, buy a small house or condo, and start a family. My finance degree seems to be serving me shit right now. They are making it impossible for people to run a legit life. Time to start dealing drugs i guess.

I say we, "THE PEOPLE", start running this shit and pointing fingers. As the saying goes, the sqeaky wheel gets greased.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
It seems so clear and easy to free up MILLIONS very day.....CLOSE THE BORDERS and stop giving free health care to all the illegals. While we the working people STRUGGLE to make ends meet, They our government keep on giving everything away. And our new leader see's it as being ok to have 172 million dollars in inauguration parties. Its just disgusting! We are dying out here...and they are in their ivory towers seemingly removed from reality ??????

Look at the city of San Diego....besides the health care fiasco. The city does not charge homeowners for trash disposal. We all pay outside the city limits. If the city is broke, start charging every home owner for their own dang trash. Say you have what... a million homes paying the normal 25.00 a month.... hey look, and extra 25 million a month.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
The system is so F'ed.

"I kid you not when I say im scared shitless about my future. Im a recent college graduate, hoping to get married, buy a small house or condo, and start a family. My finance degree seems to be serving me shit right now. They are making it impossible for people to run a legit life. Time to start dealing drugs i guess.

I say we, "THE PEOPLE", start running this shit and pointing fingers. As the saying goes, the sqeaky wheel gets greased.
"

FINANCE DEGREE !!! Gawd help you. Your degree only works in a republican controlled congress where 2+2 = 4. (SOMETIMES).

Might should have gotten a degree in American History as you could maybe change the PAST cuz you ain't got a snowballs chance in hell of changing the future.
Rio

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LHC30: You got me there, I do listen to John and Ken every night.

Did anyone happen to listen Thursday night when they interviewed Assemblyman Roger Niello (R) - his district covers the Sacramento area to around Folsom.

He couldn't even answer a simple question from John and Ken which basically was: will you vote to raise taxes - yes or no? Evidently not to long ago he made statements saying he would not raise taxes, but would vote to increase revenues.

Typical BS political speak for I will raise taxes.

At the end of the interview after dodging that simple question, John and Ken basically called him a slimy politician (I think they actually did say that...).

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Sad but true. I would be living in AZ now if there was aircraft/aerospace work there.

They are bleeding the average working man dry...!!!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
So you listen to John and Ken too? :D

I have sent letters to all the republicans and am now working on the Demos...Telling them all to handle the state budget like it was your family's...if you don't have the money, you quit going out to eat...stop the raping of those who do work...AND if you don't pass a balanced budget on time (like the LAW says) you don't draw a paycheck!!!

FIRE THEM ALL!!!!!:|err

I listen to them almost every night. Where do you think all the "UNION" sarcasim I have been spewing comes from. Government/Unions. F$*K ALL OF THEM!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Talkinghead: Yup, heard that "interview." Neilo thought he was clever by pretending to be calm and in control. All that did was to inflame John more. F'n politicians,,,I understand compromise and trying to get to a consensus, but when hard principles (balanced budget w/o new income) are at stake, they have no backbone...

SDPM, have to agree with some of their take on the unions (as I benefit from one of them), but they do sensationalize the facts a bit - its their job after all. That being said, a responsible position for the unions is to come forward and contribute to the answer, perhaps starting the talk to a 10% pay furlogh. At the very least, don't fight the Gov when he is trying to help with the two days/month....We ALL need to help in these times.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts