Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the luckiest guy you know? Well, maybe not know... but still me.
Speed Sports Lou Osman called and asked if I had anything going on this weekend. Well, not really. "Wanna go to San Angelo?".
Trying to act cool I said I would have to see if I could get off work. ROFL I guess they need someone to polish the hauler wheels, and maybe change the oil.
As if that is not cool enough.....since Wheatland got blown out... Saturday at San Angelo is the "Wheatland eliminations" (and qualifying), and Sunday is San Angelo race. 2 days of real racing. Damn I am blessed. I have not been this excited about a boat race in a couple years..maybe more.
Now, the bad news is it is like 16 hours or something insane like that.
Oh, well.. the computer has wireless net.
Wags

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Speed Sports Lou Osman called and asked if I had anything going on this weekend. Well, not really. "Wanna go to San Angelo?".
Trying to act cool I said I would have to see if I could get off work. ROFL I guess they need someone to polish the hauler wheels, and maybe change the oil.
As if that is not cool enough.....since Wheatland got blown out... Saturday at San Angelo is the "Wheatland eliminations" (and qualifying), and Sunday is San Angelo race. 2 days of real racing. Damn I am blessed. I have not been this excited about a boat race in a couple years..maybe more.
Wags
Damn that'll work !!!!!!! Have fun& give me a call when u get back.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
Wags
o ya big baby, it's barely 10 hours. not even half a days drive:happy:.

try not to screw sumthin up. if there's a fireball, we'll all know who's fault it is...:)hand

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Wags
It appears they are looking for a few good men.
Are you lucky or just good? Maybe both?
At any rate their request is still a pat on the back. :))THumbsUp :))THumbsUp

I keep checking my messages and still haven't got my call yet.

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
Congrats man. :)

So who is it he wants you to take out in PE? lol

Or they are needing slave labor.

Either way I will stop by and say hi.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
I heard they just needed a certified back hoe operator to move some dirt around.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Man talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.J/K:wink2:

congrates and have fun...Don't worry about when Lou wants to throw something at you...he's a bad aim.....:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
Looks like the fuel boats were the only ones that got 100% participation to finish the race in San Angelo.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow. I have so many stories from the time we left until now (and we are still 3 hours from home) it is unbeilevable. I will start to post em during work hours. HAHA.
There were moments I thought "wow, how cool is this?" And there were hours I thought "WTF did I get myself into?"
So, to start with the end.
I have a new found respect for all these guys and we had "an easy weekend". I thought I knew how much work they put in. After all, I have known them for years. Seen them race, etc. I have been as guilty as anyone for thinking "great... the fuelers... anther wasted hour watching them tear up stuff". I will never say this again.
Wags

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
No lie Wags. It is an incredible amount of work. Was too busy to come say hi this weekend trying to get the boat to handle.

It is a life experience few are privileged enough to enjoy.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
That's awesome Wags!!! True opportunity of a life time. Congrats!!! No doubt they spend a ton of money and put blood and sweat into each operation!!!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey wags, did you teach that kid on the left in the pic everything you know???? :)
Well, you know I did BP.I made fun of magnetos. :wink2: I told him a real ignition would run faster. ROFL Amos asked what was a real igintion. I told him a MSD 7AL. He laughed and said it would not even idle on that. I then said...well, you would need an alternator too. HAHA
Fixed a f***ing short they had that shocked the hell out of me a couple times. I was allowed to clean out the oil pan. Fixed the generator. Then all the engine BS. Geez. I actually was the odd side guy. How fitting, huh? I found a crack in an exhaust rocker roller. Apparently that a recipe for disaster.
For those that don't know whon is on the left... that is Amos Saterlee. Google him. Impressive life.
Amos said to Lou he should keep me. No BS. WOW!
Wags

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
Well, you know I did BP.I made fun of magnetos. :wink2: I told him a real ignition would run faster. ROFL Amos asked what was a real igintion. I told him a MSD 7AL. He laughed and said it would not even idle on that. I then said...well, you would need an alternator too. HAHA
Fixed a f***ing short they had that shocked the hell out of me a couple times. I was allowed to clean out the oil pan. Fixed the generator. Then all the engine BS. Geez. I actually was the odd side guy. How fitting, huh? I found a crack in an exhaust rocker roller. Apparently that a recipe for disaster.
For those that don't know whon is on the left... that is Amos Saterlee. Google him. Impressive life.
Amos said to Lou he should keep me. No BS. WOW!
Wags
waggles, i'd have expected nothing less out of you :). i'm just wondering - why don't you have one of those spiffy shirts and hats on??? if you're gonna play the part, you gotta look the part... :)

amos is a character. talked to him several times at past banquets. 3 or 4 years ago, they did a special "this is your life" deal for amos during the banquet, which was really cool. the guy has been around a long time and accomplished a lot. "living legend" is probably an appropriate moniker.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I did not take my KDBA hat off all weekend. I was sporting it proudly.
I wore a spiffy shirt to the in ramp, out ramp, and awards pic... other than that I was working and did not want to get it all dirty.
Wags

So, the ignition thing started over "to much anitsieze on the sprak plug and make sure there is not lint on it". My response was "you are fucking with me, right?" I am still not sure if they were or not. Wingnut (Kevin) who helps Amos all the time and I had a good time joking around. The one time they said I had to much antisieze on the plugs it dropped 3 cylinders (ok, it was DEAD FAT), but I was the bad guy. ROFL That is when I told em a real ignition would not care about the antiseize.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here I am flexing for the camera.... acting like I am doing something. No one else wanted to do head work. No wonder. BUT the photo guy wanted to get a picture of ME working.. he said no one would believe it. HAHA
Wags

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts