Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Scalarta down under

Hi there RD, my guess is it would have to be a couple of days after the sprint nationals at Long Beach, cause there is an event to be held in South Australia called the BAD Boat Showdown and it's on the weekend 15-16 Aug
There's a K-Boat there called K88 for him to drive.
Bloody shame as there will a few of us still in the states at the time...

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
I have a question about the motor placement in the BAD boats. Most of the K boats (all) here in the States run off of the front of the enginee and I have noticed that most of the BAD boats run off of the Flywheel end of the engine. Can anyone explain to me why the difference? Is it because of the V bottoms and round chines on the BAD boats? Just askin...:)

Steve

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Down under

I have a question about the motor placement in the BAD boats. Most of the K boats (all) here in the States run off of the front of the enginee and I have noticed that most of the BAD boats run off of the Flywheel end of the engine. Can anyone explain to me why the difference? Is it because of the V bottoms and round chines on the BAD boats? Just askin...:)

Steve
Anyone got an opinion on this question???

Steve
Well Steve, they drive on the wrong side of the road:)sphss, so maybe they run the engines backward?? Oh yeah, they talk funny too:D:D.....Ray

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well Steve, they drive on the wrong side of the road:)sphss, so maybe they run the engines backward?? Oh yeah, they talk funny too:D:D.....Ray
Ok guys be nice, convicts have feeling too ya know!
After being around boats for thirty odd years it is just the way it's done down here...
The reason I have always believed is we drive off the flywheel so that the rotation that comes out of the vdrive is to the left and so the throw of the blade is to the left and that will also counteract the throw of the crank giving a more even drive.
It works for us just ask Duff Dailey as he saw the back of a few of our boats when he came down!!!

We sit in our our race boats on the left and turn left.

Now Ray if you're not sure of what I have just said I could type it again a little slower for you if you like:D just trying to be neighbourlyLOLhil:)
c ya soon @ Long Beach

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
every body knows u get more power out of a engine when reversed,this has been proven many times on the dyno come on u guys r fooling us arnt u,and who is talking here u guys run your injector hat back to front:):):). dean.:)

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Well Ray, another country heard from. I guess it is like the old Ford VS Chevy deal. Every one has a different opinion, I guess... Sure seems to work for the Ausies though...

Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts