Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright so i got her back at the lake for a couple of passes after work and man was that fun.(Mt Lake Mafia BEWARE!!! ;)) I got her up to 50 at 4500 RPMs. I think she has a bit more but i had two people and two full tanks not to mention i got an engine issue so i shut her down before i could really play any more, or im just a boy and need to talk junk.

Two things. I have some oil leakage around the head. On the seam between the head and the intake and on the other side of the head there was some drip on the headers.. Valve cover gasket maybe (Its cork old and shitty)? You tell me.

this is where i am talking.

Second, I have a temp issue. I have two temp sensors, one in each head. the one on the passenger side is toward the back and the one on the driver side is toward the front.

the driver side reads between 155-165 but the passenger ran all the way up to 280:|err:|err:|err. What can cause such a huge difference in the temp?

Both gauges went up at the same speed and read identical until 160 and then the passenger side gauge just kept going up. After shut down and a long cool off it started to go back down. Pictures of plumbing below. thermostat is 160 and no leaks around there or any other water leaks to mention from water system.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swap gauges and try it again?

Second guage.. First one was mechanical.

Both gauges progressed up at the same speed unitl the one stopped at 160 (thermostate temp) but the other just kept on climbing.

Could their be a blocakge in the water tunnel in the engine block? Could the head gasket been isntalled wrong and blocked any of the water passages?

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Why don't you just go to them, and put it in the Engine section. They're all sure to see it then!:)bulb

Just my .02

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Why don't you just go to them and put it in the Engine section. They're all sure to see it then!:)bulb

Just my .02

Theres an engine section??????

Are you trying to say there is more to this forum than jets? Surely you jest!!!;)

Thanks man ill post over there...

·
AIR POWER
157 Posts
The oil looks like it's coming from the intake bolts, you should put a little silcoln on those bolts before you put them in the holes. I had the same problem and that solved the oil on the intake.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Theres an engine section??????

Are you trying to say there is more to this forum than jets? Surely you jest!!!;)

Thanks man ill post over there...
Yep, it's called "On the Dyno"

IMO best place to post engine related threads!:D

I used to hang around in only the Jet section, then I discovered all the other helpful sections in the forums.:D

Good luck.:)hand

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts