Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im needing some ?'s answered about rewarders thru hull headers and water reversion.
i have decided to change my build to a 496 stroker. running 10.1 compression wanting to really build some rpm. running brodix heads etc. was looking at the comp cams xm296hr but no one can answer me on how the water reversion factor will be. also the second question i have is . will those headers get hot enough to do damage if i shut the water off to them at idle in a closed engine compartment?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well piss rewarder says i cant run em in a closed engine compartment SOB! i dont want to spend 3,000 on exhaust :)bit:hmmm:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Water injected and water cooled are two different animals as you just found out, I turned the water off to my Bassetts once and could noticed a major increase in the temp of the hull area adjacent to the tubes. No way would you want that in a covered engine compartment. My HP500EFI has the water cooled CMI tubes and run cool to the touch at all times.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
well piss rewarder says i cant run em in a closed engine compartment SOB! i dont want to spend 3,000 on exhaust :)bit:hmmm:
Consider yourself lucky! That could have been real bad, running a boat with a closed engine compartment changes the game abit with parts you can run "Safetly" get educated BEFORE you purchase parts. sometimes they cost more....But they are worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear that! guess im going to run logs for now untill i can afford the jacketed headers. if it runs good enough ill keep it that way. still wish i could find out if that camshaft is going to have reversion problems

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
There are some Lightening double jacketed headers on ebay at 550 now.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
you should be able to find a decent jacketed exhaust manifold, yes they are high, but they are out there, if you want to run the covered motor.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
yeah lmao thats my bid !:))THumbsUp:duh:
Good! Those suckers are about 3000+ new arent they Somebody is selling jacketed headers new on ebay out of Florida but I couldn't find the listing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good! Those suckers are about 3000+ new arent they Somebody is selling jacketed headers new on ebay out of Florida but I couldn't find the listing.
if ya find it let me know! lol i really want to close it in and just leave the carb and hat sticking out

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am running that camshaft with injected headers. It idles around 950 to 1000 rpm and I have the tee valve set to allow water in at 1700 to 1900 rpm and have no problems

1 - 11 of 11 Posts