Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 30 over 454 bbc full mechanical roller everything 990 heads 13to1 comp i have aquired a 717 lift cam 270intake and 278 ex. @50 108 lsa operating range is 4000 to 6800 it will be installed in a sanger flat 15% gears no trans just gear box. dry ex or banderlog water management i am told that the cam is way to large and would cause engine to have no bottom end torque since i am not using any sort of stall this is my first v-drive and there is nobody that i know who has any info about a good profile for this application any info would be greatly appreaciated this will be a lake burner not a racing boat but i still want it to haul the mail thankyou alan from mi.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i have a 30 over 454 bbc full mechanical roller everything 990 heads 13to1 comp i have aquired a 717 lift cam 270intake and 278 ex. @50 108 lsa operating range is 4000 to 6800 it will be installed in a sanger flat 15% gears no trans just gear box. dry ex or banderlog water management i am told that the cam is way to large and would cause engine to have no bottom end torque since i am not using any sort of stall this is my first v-drive and there is nobody that i know who has any info about a good profile for this application any info would be greatly appreaciated this will be a lake burner not a racing boat but i still want it to haul the mail thankyou alan from mi.
My Hondo flat, with a similar engine and cam (276/278 at 50 110 .714) 22% gears and an 11 1/2x 15 prop would ski or "haul the mail" if anything my prop slipped to much out of the hole at full throttle(7200 rpm). Depending on the prop it will act like your stall. Remember its a 1500# boat that planes easy with a BBC, not a 4400# '74 Impala your trying to launch. :partyguy: Also I'm not sure what "banderlog" water managment is but I wouldnt be putting any water into the pipes with that cam....unless you like milk shakes in your oil pan!

·
just a ski boat with bark
2,811 Posts
Depends on what you want and the boat set up. I have a Hondo runner bottom and I ran a 268/[email protected] on a 110lsa with 12s/15s and an 11x16 prop and it was fine. If I had that cam and it was good I'd try it before I bought anything its honestly in the range I like for mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts