Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Manwhore!!!!!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say you had two identical engines built. You had found two cams with the same lift and duration at .050 but one had .100 more lift than the other. How much power would you lose by running the cam with lower lift? Just for reference one had .520 and the other .620. 454 with 8lbs Boost 8.5 comp. Pro comp alum heads.

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Lets say you had two identical engines built. You had found two cams with the same lift and duration at .050 but one had .100 more lift than the other. How much power would you lose by running the cam with lower lift? Just for reference one had .520 and the other .620. 454 with 8lbs Boost 8.5 comp. Pro comp alum heads.
This should be fun ... :D
What Rockers are you going to run ? ( ratio)

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
you wouldn't lose anything with those heads, i know personally;) feed those heads at least 650 lift if its goin in a boat. comp has a nice solid street roller cam with 652 lift i like alot and have used in the past, only requires 155lbs seat pressure too! no high buck springs and chit to buy!

·
Manwhore!!!!!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty much rounded up the top end peices. Just need to get the bottom freshened up.

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Pretty much rounded up the top end peices. Just need to get the bottom freshened up.
Stick with the 1.7 to avoid coil bind .
My comment was in fun , cause you know there is going to be 10 pages and oppinions up the wazuuuuu :D

·
Manwhore!!!!!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you wouldn't lose anything with those heads, i know personally;) feed those heads at least 650 lift if its goin in a boat. comp has a nice solid street roller cam with 652 lift i like alot and have used in the past, only requires 155lbs seat pressure too! no high buck springs and chit to buy!
Do you have a grind #. And this is a i/o boat Bravo one.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Do you have a grind #. And this is a i/o boat Bravo one.
i'll look it up for you, its super easy on the valvetrain and that's why i like it, i ran it in my blown 475, pulled great and peaked around 6500-6700ish. i'm not sure about the inboard/outboard deal, i just know it works well in jets and that those heads need as much help as possible to make em flow.

Attachments

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
MECHANICAL ROLLER - Best for pro street and bracket racing with 6-71 or larger.
RPM Range 3500-7000
Advertised Duration 300/308
Duration @ .050 255/262
Lift .652/.652
Lobe Center 114°

p#COM11-694-8

sure a custom made cam would be best but for ease of maintence i've always liked this 1 and i've actually ran it in 2 different motors(475 and a 496) if you give it a fat idle, its a blower surging sob though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts