Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all big congratulations to Ty and Tony for sweeping the Eastern Divisionals
Now to thank all the people that made it possible this is a long list but we had a lot of help to get this done
Tommy Thompson and all the people from Cambridge that helped put on this event, we had a great time and all of you treated us like part of your family. Jim and Charlotte Newton (Ty's mom & dad) and Junior and Collen Davis for the task of taking this hardware out to the east coast and as I am writing this still bringing it home. And Tyler Roth for braving the jellyfish and holding our boats for us.
John Avery and Joey Grose for taking the "red eye" flights out and keeping us tuned up then worked like "dogs" to get the K back out on the water.
All of these people jumped in as soon as we got our "soggy" K boat back and worked on it until midnight (when we fired it up) I wish we had a video of it. It was great to see Collen was helping Jim wash pistons Avery found an engine stand and took the engine completly apart oiled it down and packed it away Joey and Tony took the spare engine and started swapping parts to make it fit in our boat. Tyler and Ty for cleaning up the mess the boat probably had 500# of sand in it IT WAS EVERYWHERE!!. And in the midst of this we experienced a rain storm that was like a flood it had to be like 4" of rain in 1 hour!! 40mph winds. The storm blew over and we all went back to work. I know that all of this sounds completly dreadfull. But with this GREAT group of people it seemed like a party peoplle laughing out loud making jokes enjoying time together, way more cool than words could explain. These remarkable people can take a disaster and turn it around and make it a memory that I will cherish forever,

Thanks Everyone

Dave Rankin

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Dave....

Seen "Team Rankin" under the "Gun" before........ Quite a sight!!!!!!!!!!

...................................."Congrats"

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Just another

Just another day at the office for the Rankin Racing Team. Boat racing people are amazing, continually doing things others say are impossible. Congratulations to the entire group for a job well done.........Ray

·
Administrator
11,501 Posts
$100 thou a year and you can't afford a video guy? :D

Where's flakey dandruff Shawn? :)

Congratulations Dave! You guys deserve it!!! Especially Avery!!! :cool:

I am guessing the budget may have exceeded 100 thousand a year without a video guy. ;)

Nice job team Rankin :))THumbsUp :))THumbsUp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.