Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for somehelp on areas to camp durring Memorial Day weekend.

We did Berryessa, looking for another lake. Any info on Don Pedro or Lake Nacimiento ?

We have 2 young kids, so something kid friendly.

Thanks!

·
ICETOM
62 Posts
New Mellones is nice and big.I think that a couple of the campgrounds there had playgrounds for the kiddies too.Kinda nice for the kids when ya come off the water.Hogan is nice too.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
New Mellones is nice and big.I think that a couple of the campgrounds there had playgrounds for the kiddies too.Kinda nice for the kids when ya come off the water.Hogan is nice too.
Where are these located? I'm new to the area and would like to find something close to the Sacramento area. Greg

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, I was looking at New Melones, I just do not want a lake that is all party...been there done that. Loud music until 3 am is tough with kids.

·
ICETOM
62 Posts
Ya, I was looking at New Melones, I just do not want a lake that is all party...been there done that. Loud music until 3 am is tough with kids.

I don't really remember it being like that there.It has been a couple of years since we went there and we were prolly the loudest group there and that aint sayin much.:D

Where are these located? I'm new to the area and would like to find something close to the Sacramento area. Greg

They are both pretty close to Sac.Mellones is just outside Angels Camp and Hogan is in Valley Springs which isnt that far off of Hwy 99 @ Hwy 26.I will be out @ Hogan May 2nd 3rd and 4th with a bunch of others from over on banderlog.com you should come chk it out.

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
here ya go Greg-
http://www.anglernet.com/web/selectlk.htm

norcal cat,
For me, I'd make the trip to Antler's RV Park and Campground at Lake Shasta. It's a really nice campground with lots of things to do for kids. There's a pool, playground, Fri/Sat night movies on the deck, Sunday morning pancake breakfast and a noise curfew that's very well monitored.
Here's the link to their website-
http://www.antlersrvpark.com/

Also, here's a link to New Melones-
http://www.gloryholesports.com/about_new_melones_lake.htm

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
FYI on New Hogan. As of last weekend there is only one launch ramp open, or even in the water. Water is not going to improve unless we have one hell of a storm as the lake fills from rain only, no run off. Its a nice lake but very, very crowded on larger weekends - especially with only 1 ramp in use.

I am only a few miles from Hogan but I agree with Cas and would check Shasta out for a big weekend like that.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Maybe for the time being, I'll stick with Miller Park here in Sacramento or Knight's Landing when a bunch of folks are going out.

·
Registered
848 Posts
We have a houseboat on Lake Don Pedro. DP has some nice campgrounds (Fleming Meadows or Blue Oaks) on one end of the lake with hookups or dry camping. Loud stereos and late night parties not allowed.

Many of the houseboats owners also own hot boats, some pretty nice. The group is very kid/family friendy. It makes a nice place to day camp if you are interested. The invitation is out there. We will be on the water most weekends during the summer. The "Delta Lunch Bunch" has an unofficial trip the weekend of July 25. Memorial day is just around the corner. Better get a campsite if anything is available. Wherever you choose, have a great time.

PM me if you want more details.

Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts