Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a no paperwork boat (hard lesson learned). I have got most of the process ironed out with DMV to get this thing back legally on the water. They will not process it without a builder and year. Realistically I could say what ever I want and DMV wouldn't know the difference but I am curious what it may actually be. This thing almost looks like a glasstron or glencoe from around 73ish but it's different enough in the dash, doesn't look like it had a windshield & the rear transom deck (lack of a better term) is rather deep/long. Theres no HIN anywhere on it & it's been painted and had the rub rail removed and bond line filled. What do you guys think she is?

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Boat Sky Cloud Watercraft Vehicle

Wheel Tire Watercraft Vehicle Motor vehicle

Boat Wheel Cloud Sky Watercraft

Tire Wheel Vehicle Boat Sky

Wheel Tire Boat trailer Car Sky

Vehicle Boat trailer Watercraft Wheel Tire

Boat Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Watercraft Motor vehicle Outdoor furniture

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy cow your right almost identical. First one I've ever seen with the same dash. Mine had the rub rail removed. So maybe had some work done to the rear deck there’s definitely signs that some work was done back there. Thanks for sharing.

edit: what sort of speeds are you seeing out of yours?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It does 68-75 mph on gps depending on if I’m riding solo versus with passengers but handles insanely well and smooth all the way through with the design of the V hull

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I had another question. What sort of support is in the bow or the boat? Mine had some interesting home made support added in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is just a 7 ft long 1.5”x3.5” straight stringer under the floor for mine (don’t know if it was original or was put in when the boat was redone.) The bow has no support underneath aside from the plywood framed structure and filled with flotation foam in between the voids. I also have homemade 2x4 supports on the sides of my boat and it is bolted through the wood/fiberglass and is sitting down on the hull to hold the sides up even when stood on all hidden behind the interior

1 - 8 of 8 Posts