Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some felpro mls head gaskets that were torqued then i realised i had a clearance problem. they were never ran just torqued
then removed. can i use them again?

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
I have some felpro mls head gaskets that were torqued then i realised i had a clearance problem. they were never ran just torqued
then removed. can i use them again?
Yeah... Clean 'em up and spray a little copper coat on them. Reused my Cometics a couple of times this way and no problems.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Yeah... Clean 'em up and spray a little copper coat on them. Reused my Cometics a couple of times this way and no problems.
nothing better than ole school copper coat on em:)devil same applies for copper headgaskets, we use copper coat on the titan ics too on a non oringed twin turbo 496, no issues.have the heads off now due to a crank clearence issue and the ics's are goin back on. i'm a gm tech and do the same with mls gaskets on gm cars(almost all new gm motor use mls gaskets now)

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
Bostick,

I through away a ton of high dollar Fel-Pro's that I ran and then hurt something in the engine. It always seemed like a waste to chuck them but I didn't want to risk running a set of used head gaskets using 250Hp worth of Nos. I never did re-used them but I thought about if a few times.

S CP :D

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Bostick,

I through away a ton of high dollar Fel-Pro's that I ran and then hurt something in the engine. It always seemed like a waste to chuck them but I didn't want to risk running a set of used head gaskets using 250Hp worth of Nos. I never did re-used them but I thought about if a few times.

S CP :D
Although I always try to use a new Felpro, I have reused them with a little hylomar smeared around the water holes. Never had an issue.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they were torqued for about 45 minutes and never ran if that makes a difference.it had a cam timing problem but i took the heads back off to look at the valves. i wanted to see if the contact screwed any thing up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts