Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
In the hunt!
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

I have a tilt steering column on the "new to me" boat - the tilt lever is on the left side and pulls down to the bottom. (See picture). I want to rotate it where the lever is on the right side so I can install a billet stereo cover instead of the plastic one. I can't install it know at it would never open with the tilt lever in the way.

Can this be done? What is involved? Any issued with doing this?

Thanks
Stacy

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes it can be done, would take a fair amount of time to disassemble and rotate. Or you could trim the release handle down an inch.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I tried that once, and the boat ending up going right when I turned the wheel left. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can be done very easily. 2 man job. the 4 bolts that you see in the front that go thru the billet part also hold the hydolic pump behind the dash. Siply take the 4 bolts uot with someone behind the dash holding the pump. flip it over to where you want it and put the bolts back in. Getting the spline back in is a little tricky and make sure you put the shims back in behind the dash. you dont even need to take the hoses off. About a 5 minute job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts