Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
No need to fix. I have heard that design helps reduce windage in a wet sump pan when used in conjunction with a Dooley kickout pan. Just order a custom piston with compression height adjusted to set it at zero deck.

Is that yours?

·
Registered
288 Posts
that is a new Al Gore design it give it a lower compression to help out the planet.:)devil

·
Banned
540 Posts
Maybe with a blow torch and a big hammer????

You can tell by the anemic Rod Beam thickness/width that that isn't a BBF Rod.

Thank God, cause if it was in Mudpumper's engine it would NEVER hold up to that 'custom' 300 shot he's running.

Not to change the subject, but I was out talking boats yesterday and heard that an 18' Performance Gullwing eclipsed 000's speed mark at Ming. Ran 8.50 @ 121. Not too bad with a 'BS' pump setup.

Congrats to those involved in doing that.

Just sayin'

:D:D RR :)hand

·
Banned
540 Posts
Don Rhodes. Blown Gas Jet. Not bad considering a blown Intake Gasket right off the tree, and all the way down the track spewing water and filling the boat.

There's some potential there.

RR

·
Spiral out
1,545 Posts
Don Rhodes. Blown Gas Jet. Not bad considering a blown Intake Gasket right off the tree, and all the way down the track spewing water and filling the boat.

There's some potential there.

RR
Isn't that the guy who cs19 put on the trailer in the 8sec bracket?!:)hand

So the problems he was having.....made him faster?

·
Banned
540 Posts
Don't have any idea who put who where, and don't care. I didn't see CS19 win anything last weekend with his foot pinned, and NO problems, either.

The fact is that Don's boat HAD problems on every pass and still went 121. I heard that was IMPOSSIBLE with a 'BS' setup. Obviously, it's not. Gives all others with a similar setup hope for the future.

If you don't like that fact, get over it Mike :mad: :mad: :)st. It ain't gonna be the last 18' CP to do it.

RR :D

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
You can tell by the anemic Rod Beam thickness/width that that isn't a BBF Rod.

Thank God, cause if it was in Mudpumper's engine it would NEVER hold up to that 'custom' 300 shot he's running.

Not to change the subject, but I was out talking boats yesterday and heard that an 18' Performance Gullwing eclipsed 000's speed mark at Ming. Ran 8.50 @ 121. Not too bad with a 'BS' pump setup.

Congrats to those involved in doing that.

Just sayin'

:D:D RR :)hand

sounds like someone's been sitting at home waiting for something good to happen so that they could pound their chest about it.

by the way, who gives a crap that it went 8.50? the red dragon went into 8.000 territory remember?

Oh and Rhodes got sawed off by the 418 again....I'm just sayin'.

·
Registered
995 Posts
18 ft CP

If it was a CP, all the pump machine work or complete pump was probably built by Mpd. BS just knows how to assemble them or is someone else doing them for him now. I know Bill won't tell you.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts