Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
can you ID this hull? *updated*

So my dad and I pickup a project boat for a very good price, However the guys didnt have any paperwork etc. and had no idea what make the hull was. I cant find any hull ID #'s, the boat had been repainted(and a shit job at that!) so i think it got filled in and covered. The hull is VERY solid and heavy. Any Idea's?

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
So my dad and I pickup a project boat for a very good price, However the guys didnt have any paperwork etc. and had no idea what make the hull was. I cant find any hull ID #'s, the boat had been repainted(and a shit job at that!) so i think it got filled in and covered. The hull is VERY solid and heavy. Any Idea's?
I was gonna say, looks a LOT like a Hallett to me........;)

Ray

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I'm redoing a 76 Sleek Craft Jr Exec which looks a great deal like that hull. My cap is slightly different, but the bottom is identical. Probably same molds. I've seen Spectra's that resemble the Sleek a great deal. Bet it's like trying to decide is it a Hawaiian or a Tahiti, Charger or Challenger or a Southwind? They all have the same basic lines.

·
Registered
460 Posts
In the pic it looks like it doesn't have any lifting strakes or chines in the rear. Is that the case? Is the back half of the bottom smooth? Or does it just look like it in the pic?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Looks like an old Daytona with the bow rail missing to me. I bet that blue on the top was woodgrain at one time also.:D

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok so!....i was looking at a thread that has a bunch of old boat ad's and am now leaning towards Spectra boats. Here's why, i found a boat that looked a lot like this one in an old spectra ad and decided to use some 500 grit sandpaper to find the original gel coat. As it turns out the boat has been repainted not once but twice. So after sanding off layers of paint i found a spectra that kinda matches up to this one.
The orange i found was on the bottom near the water line with 2 stripes, the other orange i found was on the deck right before the 45 deg rise. On the rise part (not sure what its called, but its inbetween the deck and the steering wheel) i found woodgrain. What do you think? look a lot like the spectra in the ad?

Attachments

·
Just Me
4,052 Posts
If you are going to repaint the boat anyways, try sanding the top right quarter of the transom and see if the HIN shows back up. Then you'll know for sure what it is.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I would lean more towards the Tahiti. I think the Spectra's actually had 4 full stringers. I think it's the same mold but not the same construction. You said this had a box floor with 1/4 stringer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts