Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RIP Tom Papp

Its the only pic that I had that makes me laugh, cuz he's got the one too many glare going!
Tom Papp Racing Por Vida!

·
Pro Gas Jet
747 Posts
Tom Papp Racing !!! The Man !!! Never Forgotten !!!!

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts

4 YEARS ...feels like yesterday .. one of my fav pixs late night at the shop he had just tripped over the air line ... got mad cuz he spilled his drink .

kept saying that ***ING FINAGAIN / ***ING FINAGAIN and playing with his little toy cat on the counter that screamed .

miss ya tommy

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
Thank you Tommy for all your help with the Sanger and everything else! I shall see you soon my friend.

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
RIP Tommy!

·
LIQUID QUARTER MILE
562 Posts
tp

gone but sure not forgotten rip my friend

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

I loved after spending a week scouring fonts and trying to match Toms Decals for him then getting" Oh yeah, it isn't a font... it is off my tattoo. I didn't tell you?" lol. Great man with a wealth of knowledge that may never be held in one mind again.

·
Registered
416 Posts
When I was just a 17 yr old punk kid Tom helped me find a motor mount for my carrera. he never charged me a dime. I had no clue who he was or the legend that he is. but quickly learned. Although my dealing with him was breif he was good man. Thanks again Tommy. RIP.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Tom was one of the nicest guys you could ask for. I remember cracking triple digits in my daytona and trying to get him to get more out of it. He told me "you have a wife and kids 100mph is fast enough on the lake especially after driking all day". He really cared about people and refused to put me on the edge. Miss him RIP Tommy.

·
Pro Gas Jet
747 Posts
Tom Papp on the Wilder Bunch !!

This is the ol' Wilder Bunch wildercraft back when Tom worked out of wilders shop in pomona. Thats Tom Papp on the Left and then Tony Stone, Ross Wilder and then Dallas Dworak painted on the deck. Bad pic but good shit. You can see Tom's holding a Droop and Rick's handing him a doobie.

WILDER.jpg

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ahahah! you just dont see this kind of good ol boy networking going on in any other type of racing IMO, we'll maybe the Swamp Buggy's! but who the hell does that anymore???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts