Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have to jack up the motor to change the oil filter?

Can i buy one that's a little shorter?(I think 1/2 in shorter would work)

Do i need to run a marine oil filter or is auto fine?

Attachments

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
If thats a Ford, you can find the angled filter adapter, was used on the trucks, and retains the stock filter, but at a diferent angle.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
No need to change it, just poke a hole in it with a screwdriver to get the old oil out:D

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
No need to change it
Yeah, it is a Ford... they just figure that you'll blow it up before it ever needs to be changed and a new one can be slapped on at that time. :D

·
Registered
829 Posts

add a remote system. auto filter would do just fine.

($50.00 bucks at summit)

·
Registered
6,574 Posts

a good car filter is fine - wix, k&n...

how long is that thing, and why are you running an evinude oil filter???

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Yeah, it is a Ford... they just figure that you'll blow it up before it ever needs to be changed and a new one can be slapped on at that time. :D

Haha. I thinks thats actually described in the owners manual.

Why not just cut the stringer? Im sure a sawzal will take care this issue. :)bulb
Im sure it will be ok, you have two of them.

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
If thats a Ford, you can find the angled filter adapter, was used on the trucks, and retains the stock filter, but at a diferent angle.

This is what I use. I had the remote with stainless lines and anodized fittings and got rid of all that crap for one of these. I much prefer this setup. Nice n neat, compact, still able to run a full size filter, clears the stringer and engine rail and works great. Nomenclature isn't 100% correct though. It says rotates it to the front. I've got mine going to the back. You can position it any which way.

Great piece and as I recall pretty resonably priced. I think it ended up being less than the remote, the line and fittings to reach it.

Yeah it's dirty.............so what.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
This is what I use. I had the remote with stainless lines and anodized fittings and got rid of all that crap for one of these. I much prefer this setup. Nice n neat, compact, still able to run a full size filter, clears the stringer and engine rail and works great. Nomenclature isn't 100% correct though. It says rotates it to the front. I've got mine going to the back. You can position it any which way.

Great piece and as I recall pretty resonably priced. I think it ended up being less than the remote, the line and fittings to reach it.

hey dan, does running a shorter filter like i do, have any bearing on the oil flow???

·
cj812
503 Posts
k&n hp2004 is the short filter and works fine.
if you go to a re-location kit DO NOT use the cast one. i had one blow off the block (bad threads) could have been really bad.

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts

Seems to me it would be a PITA to change the filter as soon as you unscrew it oil is going to drip everywhere.

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts