Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is hell getting old.

I played hooky on Friday & took out my new ski.

I love the ski, made me feel like I was ten years younger. That was until this morning.

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
You ski better than you drive. I would of lent you my ski but I'm afraid of what you would of done to it.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
It is hell getting old.

I love the ski, made me feel like I was ten years younger. That was until this morning.

You think you feel bad today? Wait until tomorrow........... :)

Edit: Just realized you did this Friday, so today probably will be the worst of it. Always seemed like 2 days after was the real pain.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Only 40??
dude, the worst is yet to come.:mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The ski is a HO Monza 68

It is amazingly light & so forgiving. The pics are from my second set on the ski. I had the boat going 33 while I was getting used to it. I should have had him @ 36. It felt slow through the turns.

This ski just plain rips. I can go into the wakes as hard as I can pull & it feels incredibly stable & quick.

We were on the water pretty early annoying the fishmen. Nice when you are the only ski boat on the lake.

I still can't get my arms anywhere close to straight. Going out again on Wed.:)devil:)devil

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
179 Posts
It is hell getting old.

Dude water skiing is for the old folks that are afraid to WAKE BOARD!!! That's what I have been told at the lake. Same thing when I go snow skiing they say us old people are to afraid to snow board too.

·
Village Idiot
3,509 Posts
Pussy! Morg 40 isnt OLD!!
It's not so much the age as it it the mileage. And then there is the question of were they highway miles or "off road" miles.

I have had two shoulder surgeries, a hip surgery and have another shoulder and hip surgery coming up soon. At this rate I will be in a wheel chair by the age of 40. I can only get one run it a day, or else I can't walk the next day (literally). Morg, enjoy it while you can, and make a run for us handicapped guys.:)devil

I have heard good things about that ski. I would love to try one some day.

Paul

·
Mega user
1,215 Posts
Dude water skiing is for the old folks that are afraid to WAKE BOARD!!! That's what I have been told at the lake. Same thing when I go snow skiing they say us old people are to afraid to snow board too.
I have done lots of waterskiing over the years. From playin to racing. I thought I would give wakeboarding a try. Put the bindings on. Man are they comfy. Popped right up. It felt like I was standing on a block of ice. Unstable as all hell. After my 3rd time or so, I got a tiny bit more comfortable. Managed to do a 180 by just spinning on the surface, not in the air. Tried it again and caught the front edge. I hit that damn water so f***ing hard that my neck has never been the same. This has been about 7 years ago. That thing has been on the shelf ever since. I have crashed at about 70 on my race ski. I faired much better on that. I will stick to my ski.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Hey there.. Snowboarding doesn't ruin a flat lake. :D . Much funner than downhill skiing in my opinion.. (Until you areen't paying attention and catch a back side edge and slamm your head against the ground and see all the scenery jolted around as your brain rattles around in your head.) But still a lot of fun.

As far as SLalom.. I'm 44 and pulled a 20 mile long ski on Sat a lake mead. No corners and no other waves makes for a longer ski.. I stopped 4 times but never left the water.. Gotta say Try Slalom skiinig, if you can get up, and then tell me how tired you are after 5 min..

:)hand

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Morg.. I got a 1980 somthing Kidder... We gotto go skiin' somtime. :)devil

You got some nice pics of skiing.. All I got is tons of video tape of it.. Here is a pic of where we were.
. I'm not tooo tied either.. Just streched a lot..If you look real close you can see another boat.. We went about 40 miles from the launch ramp..:D

Chad

Attachments

1 - 20 of 80 Posts