·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Libyan, er, ‘Rebels’: ‘Now, the time of jihad has arrived!’
March 21, 2011 9:24 A.M. By Andrew C. McCarthy
National Review Online
The Corner

Why do intervention proponents insist on calling them rebels when they call themselves mujahideen — Muslim warriors fighting a jihad?

At Pajamas, John Rosenthal has details of a report by French jounralist Marc de Chalvron, who was embedded with the Libyan “rebels” before they were turned back by Qaddafi’s forces. They refer to their battle as “the jihad” — Islamic holy war. (At least that’s what they interpret jihad to mean.

They apparently haven’t gotten the memo from Georgetown that jihad is really a peaceful internal struggle for personal betterment, a solemn commitment to brush after every meal, or whatever ISNA is calling jihad this week).

The French report shows the “rebels” proclaiming that “Now, the time of jihad has arrived!” and, of course, screaming, “Allahu Akbar!” as they fire their guns into the air.

But, as Speaker Boehner says, “the United States has a moral obligation to stand with those who seek freedom and self-government for their people.” Sure it may be the Islamic notion of freedom (i.e., perfect submission to Allah) and the sharia form of self-government, but hey, details, details. By all means, let’s put these guys in charge, the sooner the better.

Bobo has ignited a fire that makes jiminuh's screw ups look brilliant.:)sphss:)hand:)hand

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
One theory is O didn't want to provide air cover in the beginning because he didn't want to harm his recent/former "dictator pal" in charge. Then he found out the rebels were muslim brother backed militants and he had a change of heart as he feels they are just another form of community organizers out to change the status quo of the world......It's tough trying to be all things to all dissidents.:)sphss

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Looks like Uncle Sam's military is smashing al Quiada on one front and then vigorously spending millions helping them overthrow a government on another front?? Is uncle Sam getting senile....................????

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Looks like Uncle Sam's military is smashing al Quiada on one front and then vigorously spending millions helping them overthrow a government on another front?? Is uncle Sam getting senile....................????
You noticed that, huh??

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Don't you mean Uncle O ? :)sphss

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
......It's tough trying to be all things to all dissidents.:)sphss
Nice one. :D

x2

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's already gone from a "NO FLY ZONE" to air support for the Al Qaida ground forces tank plinking included.:)sphss:)hand:)hand

Germany has backed off on their support also.

Bobo's war!:)sphss:)hand:)hand

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
It's already gone from a "NO FLY ZONE" to air support for the Al Qaida ground forces tank plinking included.:)sphss:)hand:)hand

Germany has backed off on their support also.

Bobo's war!:)sphss:)hand:)hand
The UN and NATO sucked his slow asse in and now they're leaving him holding the ball....:)sphss

I guarantee O was always the kid who was "it" playing tag and no one ever found his dumbasse when "playing hide and go seek" cause they never looked for him. Just went in and had ice cream while he hunkered under some old lady's porch waiting.....Somethings never change.:)devil

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
One of the problems with all these middle east uprisings is that there really are no good guy freedom fighters to support. Many of the "rebels" or "demonstrators" are pissed because their governments are too secular and they would like to live in a more fundementalist Islamic state. It looks to me like all they want to do is swap one type of oppressive tyranny for another.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
mmm waffles

Thanks ya'll for mentioning waffles...I am trying to get down to my fighting weight!

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One of the problems with all these middle east uprisings is that there really are no good guy freedom fighters to support. Many of the "rebels" or "demonstrators" are pissed because their governments are too secular and they would like to live in a more fundementalist Islamic state. It looks to me like all they want to do is swap one type of oppressive tyranny for another.
There are strong indications that we are currently providing air support to radical islamists.

Good one Bobo!!!!!

Jiminuy catuh must be laughing his ass off.:)sphss:)hand:)hand

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
There are strong indications that we are currently providing air support to radical islamists.

Good one Bobo!!!!!

Jiminuy catuh must be laughing his ass off.:)sphss:)hand:)hand
Jimmy's ecstatic that he is finally gonna lose the mantra of worst in history.....:)hand

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts

·
Just Me
4,056 Posts
Amy Carter is all grown up now so she can probably talk to the president about more than just nuclear war now. I know the Carters wouldn't let her around the last Dem CIC for fear of a magic missle attack on her. I mean look at what a fine job she did giving advice to her dad when he was the CIC.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts